What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

snoozer

Bench
anyone play World of Tanks?

i've got it on ipad(blitz version). really like the game. was wondering if anyone plays the pc version or ps4?

Football Manager 2016 on PC. I hadn't played FM since Football Manager 2011 so the changes that have happened took a bit of adjustment but I'm loving it. When it comes to sports simulation games, SI Games have well and truly nailed it with this.

Eelementary

Post Whore
NBA2K16

I love it.

I'm playing My Career as a 6ft9 Power Forward, but I totally suck.

It's awesome fun, though.

McLovin

Staff member
I'm in a transitional period between games. Played Witcher 3 to death. Finished the game twice and ended new game plus with a level 78 Geralt... Hanging out for No Man's Sky...

Pommy

Coach
Playing the new Batman Telltale game I know they're not to everyone's taste but the Mrs like playing them together and it beats watching whatever shit she wants to watch.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Pokemon Go

On the PC, I've stepped down from adminning a CSGO server so I have a load more time for other games
Have also been playing FM2016. Started as an unemployed coach with no job, lowest qualifications, sunday league footballer. Took on the job of Accrington Stanley, took them to the play-offs but got knocked out before the final. Second season and I won promotion through the play-offs. Just started my third season, first one in League One and got belted 3-0, 7 yellow cards and ended with 10 men on the field! Jeeps!!

Have also been playing Poker Night 2 and Poker Night at the Inventory, both cheap buys, think I got both for a measly $3 on Steam Sale and enjoying them both.

The other one I've been having a go at is Aliens: Colonial Marines. Not a good game by any means, however I still find it fun as I am an Alien fantatic and being able to be on LV-426 is kick ass!

Have a rather large collection of unplayed games, and soon to be no footballing commitments, and stepping down from my CSGO server, I should be able to get through some more games soon

FM2016 how deep is it? What do you control and what do you really love about it?

FM2016 goes as deep as you want it to go. You become a Manager of a Football side you choose in just about any league in the world, from the smallest of amateur leagues all the way up to the clubs in the biggest of the professional leagues. You hire and fire players, staff, you dictate what tactics are used for each game, and for each player in a game, you set up the training schedule (or you can hand it off to an assistant) for the entire team as well as for individual players, you send out scouts looking at your next opponents and to find new players.

You also have to manage your team and the personalities of your players, including how much on field pitch time they receive, whether to send them out on loan to help them develop or whether to sell them.

You pretty much have complete control as long as you satisfy the requirements of your club's board who each season will give you requirements to meet. Do it and you will be secure, don't and you may get the sack.

Only thing you don't control is the players once they step on the pitch. It is not like FIFA or Pro-Soccer Evolution where you control the players with a joy stick.

However as I said earlier, you set the team tactics, and the tactics for individual players, which you can tweak during each game. Even small things like what kind of pre-game and half time team talks can impact on how your team performs. You can set the actual game to only show "highlights" so you don't get bored watching the players running up and down the field.

As such you can look to manage your favourite club and try and build a reputation ala Sir Alex Ferguson at Man United, or be more of a wandering coach for hire ala Jose Mounhino. Some people take their club form the lower divisions and try to get their clubs into the op level.

You even have to negotiate with your board for some things (e.g. Stadium expansion, transfer/wage budgets).

Whilst they have a licence to use real player names in the game, they don't have licences to use all the kits and logos, but there are plenty of easy steps you can find to add them to your game.

I've played plenty of Sports Sims and the football Manager series leaves the others for dead.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Careful though, its a quickfire way to waste hours on end without realizing!

One mode I've played a little bit on is an online draft. Me and my football crazy friend do drafts and we set our own rules. First we set the budget, and the idea is we take turns picking up players. Once a player is selected, he can't be picked by the other team. EG You and I are drafting, you may pick Ronaldo, Ronaldo is now off the table and is signed for your club, I could then go ahead and select Messi for example, which in turn makes him unavailable for you. Each player has a certain money value, so the bigger names like Messi and Ronaldo will chew through your budget alot quicker than say picking up say James Wilson.

We often put our own rules in (which aren't implemented in the game) such as only one player per nationality, so you can't have Hart and Rooney in the same team. Or a player from each PL club etc. Even down to their surnames all have to start with a different letter. Perhaps we pick players over 30 etc etc

You can even set how long each draft selection is, typically we play with a minute per selection, you also get a set time prior to the draft to make a shortlist. I tend to use a notebook rather than the shortlist, and jot down who I have, their position and club/country. Also write a shortlist as I come up with them and cross names off as they get selected etc.

Moving away from FM, just bought the Humble Bundle package, didn't go the higher amount so not getting Planetbase. However for just $5 I managed to pick up Savage Lands, Tharsis, Kholat (looks great, narrated by Sean Bean), Shelter 2 (looks interesting) as does Space Engineers. On top of that, the game I'm most looking forward to playing is Rust. All those games for just $5!

Arnold

Juniors
Actually my next purchase will be F1 2016. Looks good with great new features like formation lap and safety car and VSC

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I actually played Uncharted 4 before ever playing the others. Absolutely loved it so bought the Drake Collection.

Playing a bit of U1 at the moment, struggling with aspects of it being dated but am keen to get though all of them. Great characters and stories in these games!

Little late to the party, I know..

Hah, yup I'm in the same boat, never played an Uncharted game and spent a number of hours over the past 5 days while staying with a mate at my sisters place in Auckland completing UC4.

Was really quite impressive, like playing an interactive action/adventure movie (very Indiana Jones meets The Goonies!) - great story and characters with exciting set pieces, quirky humour and enjoyable gameplay for an "on rails" game.

Eelectrica

Referee
Revision mod for Deus Ex. It's interesting see the changes they've made having just completed the original.
Damn they've done a good job sprucing the classic up a little. With the changes they've made to the level design, it almost feels like playing the game for the first time, having to discover where things are.
Now with Steam achievements added. Just in time For DX:MD.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Started playing Telltales Batman game. It's ok, only chapter 1 of 5 so I think it will get more in depth as it goes along.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Picked up Shadow of Mordor and all dlc for next to nothing so when i quit No Mans Sky in disgust i am taking my frustrations out on Orcs

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I couldnt get into Shadow of Mordor personally. Know it has rave reviews. I just suck at the combat if I'm honest

Finished Aliens Colonial Marines main story on soldier difficulty (some of the AI was horrendously bad!). Just playing through the DLC Stasis Interuppted and then have to weigh up doing another play through on the hardest difficulty or move onto another game

Latest posts