What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt faulk

Coach

Well I made it to 34 players. Didn't think i had a shot at it at the halfway mark. Can't say i got all the players i wanted but if that happened i would have ended with only 20 players.

Trying to work out contact lengths is gonna be a killer. The teams with less players have the advantage there. But as we all know half the idp players we picked are gonna bust or get injured so the more you have the better chance you hit on them. So advantage full teams.

Andrew is gonna control the waivers during the season if he wants any particular player. Saving grace is he can only keep them this season.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Plenty of nomination slots open so I'm assuming everyone is just about done. Hopefully, we can get some blind bid waivers running next week and every week after that leading up to the season.

nick87

Coach
I was going swimmingly until it got to around the 10-12 player mark
aside from David Johnson, id managed to get the team i had targetted. Missed on quite a few after that due to funds but thems to breaks
I got to 29 players, im going to make a move pretty quickly to get another few on board and get to 31-32 at the expense of a player i tried to bid up :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
Pretty happy with my team generally. Made a mistake early on not going for a stud RB but otherwise I'm relatively happy with all other positions.

I'll probably have to make at least one move because I didn't notice initially that 3 of my 4 RBs have their bye in week 8, so I'm open to offers that land me coverage there.

abpanther

Staff member
As others have said, I got halfway through building my roster and quickly realised that I had to slow down because my funds weren't gonna get me there!

Managed to get most of my roster together but as Kurt said, many of our cheaper IDPs will end up being busts. Hence why I elected to not spend much on DBs in particular

Pretty happy with my team, decided early on to focus on getting a nice core of young WRs

nick87

Coach
Yeah I went in with a plan to spent most of my IDP budget on lb and DL, and just kind of make do at db
Still feel like I've got some reasonable starters there

kurt faulk

Coach

there were and still are good options for idp at the end of the draft. i strove for what i felt were huge upside guys in this scoring system. i could've waited for cheaper idps but i wanted at least one stud in each position. that's why i paid for campbell, jones and tru. they're not even studs but i couldn't afford the true studs. i did get potential studs. or busts. that's the way it goes. my rbs and wrs will carry me through.

abpanther

Staff member

ain't that the truth, then the cold, harsh reality of september and october slap you in the face.

So true man, just wait till all the training camp fluff pieces start coming out, you could make a drinking game for all the times you read shit like:

"He's in the best shape of his career"

"He's been the star of training camp"

"They can't cover this guy, he's always open"

etc

zombie jesus

Staff member
Only 3 auctions running at the moment.

There's no definitive end date for the auction, but I believe the league site will automatically end the auction when there are no more nominations, so get in while you can.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I went to do my taxi squad, but i think i dropped them accidentally, instead of moving them, am i able to get them back without penalty?

Tom155

Coach
you did, see the transactions page

when they are on your roster go to Taxi Squad > click box under demote to TS > Click perform taxi squad moves

done

zombie jesus

Staff member
Just a couple of auctions to go, we'll be done by to tomorrow morning. I've switched off everybody's ability to nominate, if you weren't done, let me know ASAP.

Can everyone get their contract years in by Friday afternoon so we can move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts