What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

Maroon4life

Juniors
He does and has always worried me in big games, particularly away from home. Pretty sure that perception carries through to the QRL hierarchy as well.

In saying that, at this stage we need to persevere. You can't just "buy another halfback" on the open market, at least not a quality one. They don't grow on trees, a rookie like Mbye was reportedly pushing 800k. Imagine the pressure that would mount on Milford if we had a junior half running the ship.

When you consider the quality of halves QRL has at its disposal you wouldn't imagine that Ben Hunt will ever play anything but an interchange role. Morgan and Milford will be QLD long term pairing.

He's 26, not a rookie 20 year old with an underdeveloped game. His kicking game along with his ability to control a game of football should be of alot higher standard. Another way to put it would be that the Broncos need someone capable of doing that to create the balance we need. If he could do both of those and maintain his strong running game than even better.

T-Boon

Coach
There is something about Anthony Milford that makes me absolutely certain he will turn his back on rugby league and head to union at the earliest opportunity. I think it is the fact he looks and carries himself exactly like Karmichael Hunt.

some11

Referee
He hasn't won anything yet.

Hunt had a premiership and three Origin series wins next to his name before he left.

Kiwi

First Grade
These topics always give me the shits. Some fans turn on their own far to easily and quickly, it's pathetic really, you morons deserve to be trolled by Rhyno.

Maroon4life

Juniors
These topics always give me the shits. Some fans turn on their own far to easily and quickly, it's pathetic really, you morons deserve to be trolled by Rhyno.

O STFU you blind faithful genius. Idiots like you that spend their spare time fapping over their teams logo give me the shits.

Fans are allowed to look objectively at their own team and even criticise, strange notion for you, no?

Either contribute to the discussion or go back to your ignorant bliss you fool.

Kiwi

First Grade
O STFU you blind faithful genius. Idiots like you that spend their spare time fapping over their teams logo give me the shits.

Fans are allowed to look objectively at their own team and even criticise, strange notion for you, no?

Either contribute to the discussion or go back to your ignorant bliss you fool.

There is a difference between criticism and calling for a player to be released. Broncos are not above criticism at all, but some take it a little to far. Milford has been ordinary the last few weeks, must be time to release him....who next? Hate when fans fixate on certain players in a negative way at their own club. Again I am all for constructive criticism which this is not.

Wildcard

Juniors

Ben "Fumbles" Hunt cost us a premiership plain and simple, now he's mentally shot as well as being a rubbish halfback. The Broncos should swap him for a bag of footballs.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Starting to join you M4L. Losing confidence in Hunt's ability to improve very quickly. Even when he was playing well his short kicking game was not good and has not improved at all. He is lacking too many fundamental skills of a half and is getting to an age where it is hard to see improvement.

It's such a shame as I was so sure that Hunt/Milf would kill it this year.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Pretty disloyal pissweak thread IMO.

Hunt carried our sorry arses in 2014, and along with Milf and co, carried us to a GF last year.

Yes he's struggling a bit, but I'm prepared to cut him some slack. He's a class half back and he'll come good again.

Curious too see if your still thinking the same.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Your saying Hunt's kicks vs. the roosters were the forwards fault?

Ben Hunt's apologists have no shame in their deflection tactics.