What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day V Bulldogs (round 21)

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Welcome to game day.

After last weeks performance, we can only hope the 80mins passes like 40 so the pain will seem to be less.

However, I will be interested to see (and hear) how our promising players perform in both the U20's game and the 1st's.
Obviously Dufty and Leilua will be the main focus in the U20's match with the Dragons 4th playing the Bulldogs 15th. They should win easily.
From 1st grade, obviously Milne, Mann and Quinlan will have the main focus on them, however, let's see how our forwards go this week against the monsters from the Dogs. Also, Aitken has come under the microscope lately and would expect a much improved performance from him this week.

I can't see our 1st grade winning, in fact we will be lucky to lose by less than 12.

Prediction: Dragons 10 V Bulldogs 26

Looking forward to the "spin cycle" dished out in this weeks presser, surely there wouldn't be much BS left.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Pretty sad when you'd be happy for a 26 to 10 defeat, but that's as much as I'm hoping for too. Weather is fine so no help there. Only chance is to run the big bulldog forwards around a lot.

saintjeff

Juniors
Not looking forward to the game
But will watch it cause its the dragons
Not going , learnt my lesson wasting time going last week going
Interesting how Cecchin will stuff us some decisions seem to go the dogs way,in the last three meetings
Just wish we could get some major luck against those grubs

Red V for life

Juniors
And to rub more salt into the wound, BMoz and JMoz will be celebrating what should be a convincing win for the Dogs.

I know, I know...they've left and life goes on, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

St Georgio

Juniors
The Bunker sucks
The Bullgrubs always get the 60/40s there way, forward pass tries, 2 meters short of the line tries, 8th tackle tries and so on, so they begin each game with at least a 12 point handicap against the Dragons.
Saints don't have a coach and Saints can't play just like Langer says!
I Love the Red V, but in reality Bullgrubs 46
St George 6.

OzDragon

Coach
I'll stick to my earlier prediction of 18-16 Dragons.
The Bunker sucks
The Bullgrubs always get the 60/40s there way, forward pass tries, 2 meters short of the line tries, 8th tackle tries and so on, so they begin each game with at least a 12 point handicap against the Dragons.
Saints don't have a coach and Saints can't play just like Langer says!
I Love the Red V, but in reality Bullgrubs 46
St George 6.
True. Doesn't help either that we have Cecchin-the-mail and Patton in the bunker.

FlameThrower

Bench
Prepared for a big loss, as the backend may see the scores blowout to really rub it in,
I see one of the Morris boys jaging a hat trick of tries, to add more salt into the wounds. Curtis Rona will also slice us up and a few soft tries to Kasiano and Klemer for good measure..
Ch9 will say Bulldogs are back and that we look a shambles in attack and defence.
Mary will say we trained hard all week but we can't compete against good sides.
30 plus to Dogs, we score 1 try but Widdop misses so we only get to 4.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If we win this game it will only be due to the dogs complacency. Can't see Saints winning which is sad.

Feels like a long time since I have felt confident of a win for the red V. Even against Newcastle earlier this season a lot of people were tipping an upset and they also gave the depleted Storm and Cows a chance of winning against the Saints.

Suprised Mary has not stated we have beaten 2 out of the top 3 sides line. That will come soon....Actually 3 out of top 4 at present with Canberra. Come on Mary don't let me find all teh excuses for you.

Saint-Fez

Juniors
No need to stress, we don't even need to win this game...... by Mary's logic so long as there are other teams who perform worse than us this weekend we are doing ok, if we get close then we are 'exceeding expectations'.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
It would be great if we could inspire our team today. In the last game Mann and Milne
stood up. Host should have been there but wasn't. The team should be scoring at least four tries per game but instead average two tries per game. The only two forwards who seem to be able to score from the 20 metre line of the opposition are Frizzell and Host so that needs to happen. Aitken, Milne and Mann can score tries so they need to be given plenty of ball.
Someone needs to support Quinlan with the high ball such as Nightingale. There should be no dropped ball or stupid penalties. We need to contain Hopoate, Kasiano, Mbye and the Morris Boys.
Up the Dragons!

Dragons 09

Juniors
It would be great if we could inspire our team today. In the last game Mann and Milne
stood up. Host should have been there but wasn't. The team should be scoring at least four tries per game but instead average two tries per game. The only two forwards who seem to be able to score from the 20 metre line of the opposition are Frizzell and Host so that needs to happen. Aitken, Milne and Mann can score tries so they need to be given plenty of ball.
Someone needs to support Quinlan with the high ball such as Nightingale. There should be no dropped ball or stupid penalties. We need to contain Hopoate, Kasiano, Mbye and the Morris Boys.
Up the Dragons!

One more thing, the team just needs to forget everything Mary tells them about playing within his deluded structures, and just go out there and play what the see. If they do that, they will at least be competitive.

Dragsters

First Grade
Hooper reckons rein to the bench with The love child starting at hooker.

He also reckons dragons will pull the contract offer for rein off the table if the Marketo gamble pays off.

Has marketo ever played dummy half before?

Marketo at dummy half thats some serious clutching at straws.

In the under 20's Thompson is playing on the wing and young Cooper Purcell the Steelers SG Ball dummy half is making his debut.