What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor as a coach

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dumb?

Do you think the club wants this Taylor v Farah bullshit to continue.

Those running the club have most likely spoken to both and told them to pull their heads in. Taylor's tone in this piece is a dramatic change from all his other pieces.

magpie guy

Juniors
Sounds like Taylor has been told to pull his head in and stop this bullshit with Farah. By coming across as caring makes it pretty tough to look like a merkin now, which also means if Farah whinges or complains now, it only ruins his image further.

It's complete bullshit, but actually quite smart from a PR perspective. As you said, Robbie can't really come out and say anything now or else he looks petulant. I'm not sure though whether someone in PR has clued JT in to say this or if it actually came from Taylor himself. I think the former more likely than the latter.

magpie guy

Juniors
Who's got the guts to admit that Taylor was right, & they were wrong

Wrong about what? It was still obvious that the attack was stilted when we didn't have a dedicated dummy-half. Farah would have improved that and saved us two interchanges. Not having a recognised hooker is still dumb and having to shuffle a winger there is borderline sheenius.

If it works I'm happy to stick with it. Knocked off the reigning prems with no recognisable hooker. If it means we play more direct and the halves see more ball at the expense of having a creative hooker I am happy to retain it.

Fair play to JT. He got the boys ready for the test yesterday and they were up for it. Hoping Nofo and Kev continue to defend like that on the right edge I will be happy.

I was about to write when does Taylor become accountable for the selection of Rankin at fullback, I looked at the TV and Nofoaluma was at fullback. What a coach:flushed:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why isn't Simona being used as the back up fullback. Kid played there at Test and junior level. His style is more like Tedesco than anyone else at the club.

My son knows a number of players in U20's, the NSW Cup and 1st grade. He has told me that the players have all been told to not speak to the press re Robiie and Taylor.

If they get caught out by a question, the response is, I know nothing and all is sweet at the club.

The truth is however very different, Taylor has not spoken to Farah for months (I questioned this, my son got back to me and said, yes they said a few months). Farah would even ask a question at training and get nothing in reply. The playing group are not happy, they want Robbie in the team.

I don't know but perhaps this drama is connected to the snippet in the Sunday paper last week or was it the week before that said a player manager has stated if the Tigers want to retain Brooks and Moses in the future, they have to have Payten as coach. Who knows but perhaps that is actually coming from Brooks and Moses and not just the player manager ?

Tiger05

First Grade
Rankin was great at fullback though wasn't he. The tactic of dropping the ball regularly to give us more tackling practice worked great.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Jeez, you are a bunch of girls - whinging and whining - we got belted by a team I don't rate (Pennies) but suck it up - as said elsewhere with the squad we have it been a reasonable season and it we be a plus to get one more win from the two games left.

And seriously, Farah would have made f**k all difference.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats the sort of pea hearted attitude that this club needs to riditself of. The panthers are a young side much like ours with a new coach. They'll be in the finals.

But we should be happy for falling short, once again.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Thats the sort of pea hearted attitude that this club needs to riditself of. The panthers are a young side much like ours with a new coach. They'll be in the finals.

But we should be happy for falling short, once again.

They will be there only for one week, they're an ordinary unit.

Let's face it in any one year - 8 will play in the finals, 8 will miss out.

No point in whinging, whining, saying Robbie would have made a difference - will not get the team into the semis.

Tiger05

First Grade

No point in whinging, whining, saying Robbie would have made a difference - will not get the team into the semis.

Fair enough but there is also no point in just sitting there and stating well who gives a f**k.

I don't think we are that far off being a good team. We just had a dud half of footy.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

I never said Farah would have made a difference. In fact I never even mentioned him.
Fans who complain and whinge want the side to do better, yet they are called "so called fans" and the like.

Accepting mediocrity and constantly being one of the 8 sides that don't make the finals is not good enough. What's the point in supporting a side that is happy to be close enough but not good enough?
Why should we be criticised for wanting the team to be successful?

I don't accept nor understand your mindset.

Clifferd

Coach

Sorry but I disagree, Penrith are a very young but talented side who has the capability of beating anyone on their day

Reminds me of 05 tigers but in a different position on the ladder

Can see them sneaking into the prelims then anything can happen from there

magpie4ever

First Grade
I never said Farah would have made a difference. In fact I never even mentioned him.
Fans who complain and whinge want the side to do better, yet they are called "so called fans" and the like.

Accepting mediocrity and constantly being one of the 8 sides that don't make the finals is not good enough. What's the point in supporting a side that is happy to be close enough but not good enough?
Why should we be criticised for wanting the team to be successful?

I don't accept nor understand your mindset.

Mate, it is part of a competition - some sides make the semis some don't - no use whinging about what should have been - it will not change any result.

Let's hope for other win before season's end and continually improvement next year.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Sorry but I disagree, Penrith are a very young but talented side who has the capability of beating anyone on their day

Reminds me of 05 tigers but in a different position on the ladder

Can see them sneaking into the prelims then anything can happen from there

They will be put to the sword in the 1st week of the finals.