What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Still not a lot. I would suggest more than 1 in 20 are idiots.

Although, people are entitled to have a different opinion to you and she has some good points, just some of the others are diabolical.......and that video was amazing. She might think that way and I am sure many people think that way but why would you say it on a broadcast?

You are probably lucky she does do stupid shit like that because if she was smarter there are so many ways she could get more votes because there are many more voters who are on her wavelength that would vote for her if not for some of the extreme comments she makes and how dumb she appears to come across.

Ok I'll bite. What are her good points ?

BTW, no point looking at her website for her policies, because she plagiarized them from multiple sources.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...f-party-policies-lifted-from-internet/7587652

Kornstar

Coach
Ok I'll bite. What are her good points ?

BTW, no point looking at her website for her policies, because she plagiarized them from multiple sources.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...f-party-policies-lifted-from-internet/7587652

Even if she did plagiarise them are they still not her policies for a campaign?

I don't follow her by the way, I would never vote for her so on the odd things I hear every now and then I agree and disagree with things she says. Just like I am dumbfounded by that video in this thread.

To answer your question though, I think Muslim migration should be looked at in all western countries. Call me a racist all you like but there is clearly a problem, I know not all are bad etc. and I get that but while the west is in a time of fear what is wrong with stopping something and seriously addressing the issue?

I am unsure why everything needs to be halal certified in a country with a small Muslim population, I don't feel strongly about it enough to care but it is a fair question and I am not going to criticise anyone who wants to take issue with it.

Just some other thoughts not related to her but did you know catholic schools have to take a certain amount of non Catholics or un-christened students because of government funding (source, my friends son attends a catholic school and is not christened). Do you think Muslim schools are governed by the same rules as they get funding?

Once again, I'm not really phased by much of this stuff because it is what it is, I am allowed to think about it though and it is interesting.

I can tell you now I have no interest in wanting to say "all black people/women/gays/left-handed people are really stupid". ......SNIP
It is fun though.....people fascinate me......

Wasn't particularly talking about you mate (or anyone else here). And you're right. People are truly fascinating.

Gronk

Staff member
Even if she did plagiarise them are they still not her policies for a campaign?

I don't follow her by the way, I would never vote for her so on the odd things I hear every now and then I agree and disagree with things she says. Just like I am dumbfounded by that video in this thread.

To answer your question though, I think Muslim migration should be looked at in all western countries. Call me a racist all you like but there is clearly a problem, I know not all are bad etc. and I get that but while the west is in a time of fear what is wrong with stopping something and seriously addressing the issue?

I am unsure why everything needs to be halal certified in a country with a small Muslim population, I don't feel strongly about it enough to care but it is a fair question and I am not going to criticise anyone who wants to take issue with it.

Just some other thoughts not related to her but did you know catholic schools have to take a certain amount of non Catholics or un-christened students because of government funding (source, my friends son attends a catholic school and is not christened). Do you think Muslim schools are governed by the same rules as they get funding?

Once again, I'm not really phased by much of this stuff because it is what it is, I am allowed to think about it though and it is interesting.

Do you really think that Muslim migration is an issue here ? Of the 3 instances of terrorism to touch our country, two were perpetrated from radicalized teens who were born here and the last was by an immigrant who was no doubt insane. Man monis immigrated here 18 years before the Martin Place siege.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Do you really think that Muslim migration is an issue here ? Of the 3 instances of terrorism to touch our country, two were perpetrated from radicalized teens who were born here and the last was by an immigrant who was no doubt insane. Man monis immigrated here 18 years before the Martin Place siege.

I don't think they fit with the west, so yes I believe it is a growing problem for the world.

You seem to forget the terror raids that go on, or is it only a problem when they actually kill people? Probably highlights the problem I guess.......

But you won't change my mind and I won't change yours. my opinion matters little to be honest but I can still have one.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think they fit with the west, so yes I believe it is a growing problem for the world.

You seem to forget the terror raids that go on, or is it only a problem when they actually kill people? Probably highlights the problem I guess.......

But you won't change my mind and I won't change yours. my opinion matters little to be honest but I can still have one.

There is no doubt a problem with radicalization by either muslim extremists or criminals who recruit under the false name of islam. So if you said that there was a problem regarding the radicalization I would agree, There is no link to immigration however as all the people who have been impacted are long terms citizens/residents rather than recent immigrants.

To be honest more people die at the hands of bikie gangs through their direct violence, organised crime and the drugs they peddle to our children. The lives that they destroy would be 1,000 fold compared to how islam impacts our society.

phantom eel

First Grade
lol

lol

Are you suspicious of vaccinations by any chance too?

Kornstar

Coach
There is no doubt a problem with radicalization by either muslim extremists or criminals who recruit under the false name of islam. So if you said that there was a problem regarding the radicalization I would agree, There is no link to immigration however as all the people who have been impacted are long terms citizens/residents rather than recent immigrants.

To be honest more people die at the hands of bikie gangs through their direct violence, organised crime and the drugs they peddle to our children. The lives that they destroy would be 1,000 fold compared to how islam impacts our society.

So terrorism is the only crimes they commit in this country? They also peddle drugs and are violent and in fact do you know who are joining bikie gangs these days?

If what is happening in Europe isn't enough for you to be slightly concerned about the impact they have on the west, then you probably need to cross Anzac Parade and head west and south west of Sydney and live there for a while.

Like I said though, you won't be changing my mind (based on evidence I've witnessed with my own eyes growing up with them) and I won't be changing yours.

I will say though that i am not stupid enough to tar them all with the same brush, but I just truly don't think they want to assimilate and fit in here......

It's interesting that the bleeding hearts who stand for equal everything are fine with a religion that treats women worse than we ever did.

Gronk

Staff member
It's interesting that the bleeding hearts who stand for equal everything are fine with a religion that treats women worse than we ever did.
There is no Taliban in Australia mate. The muslim families I know the mums/wives rule wear the pants, so what have you seem here in Australia that makes you say that ?

strider

Post Whore
There is no Taliban in Australia mate. The muslim families I know the mums/wives rule wear the pants, so what have you seem here in Australia that makes you say that ?
I've seen a mix ... there are alot of strong muslim women - there are equally plenty that are still living the second class existence of their descendant countries

Kornstar

Coach

I've seen a mix ... there are alot of strong muslim women - there are equally plenty that are still living the second class existence of their descendant countries

Probably depends where you live I guess. I've seen plenty. I also have seen where young boys have more power than their mother.

I've known people married into it and converted and experienced all it has to offer.

Now, it's probably no different to breaking the cycle of living in say Mt Druit and making a choice of fitting a stereo type or aspiring to be something more.

The more educated don't mind being progressive where as the less educated just continue the cycle and use excuses not to right some of the wrongs of those that came before them.

Where you live Gronk I would suggest they are probably educated and separate themselves from a lot of the ones from where i grew up. Do you know any cops from Auburn, or people who work at Centrelink in Fairfield, Liverpool, Campsie or Auburn?

But this is all pointless, you have your views based on your experience, I just happen to have a completely different experience. So we will go in circles.

The world is f**ked for more than 1 reason and because people can't just get over shit and feel the need to have power over others, nothing will ever change.

I'll just stick to watching Star Wars (repeatedly), CBMs (repeatedly), comic book shows, being an Eels supporter and Colts supporter and accepting there is nothing I can done to change anything........

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Still not a lot. I would suggest more than 1 in 20 are idiots.

Although, people are entitled to have a different opinion to you and she has some good points, just some of the others are diabolical.......and that video was amazing. She might think that way and I am sure many people think that way but why would you say it on a broadcast?

You are probably lucky she does do stupid shit like that because if she was smarter there are so many ways she could get more votes because there are many more voters who are on her wavelength that would vote for her if not for some of the extreme comments she makes and how dumb she appears to come across.
image.jpeg

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
There's this guy that I know who is from Vietnam. He is a f**kwit.

Clearly not everyone from Vietnam is a f**kwit. I wouldn't judge a whole race of people that way.

But this guy is an absolute f**ken pillock.

Gronk seems to think that because he knows one moderate Muslim (read: false Muslim) that every other Muslim is moderate, as well.

This is despite the extensive research showing that the vast majority of the world's Muslims believe in aspects of Sharia law or fundamentalist principles (that homosexuality should be a crime, women should obey their husbands at all times, suicide bombings are sometimes justified etc.)

Gronk

Staff member
Gronk seems to think that because he knows one moderate Muslim (read: false Muslim) that every other Muslim is moderate, as well.

This is despite the extensive research showing that the vast majority of the world's Muslims believe in aspects of Sharia law or fundamentalist principles (that homosexuality should be a crime, women should obey their husbands at all times, suicide bombings are sometimes justified etc.)
Bullshit. That's not what I said.