What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah the domino

The Doc

Juniors
Sad indication of how bad Reins going when any hooker woupd be an improvement.
Segeyaro - Baptiste - McInnes - Cook.
Thats my order of preference at the moment.

one day soon

Juniors
No use getting Segeyaro if we still have Mary as coach. Mary`s coaching style will turn him from being a potential superstar into Mitch Rein. Segeyaro, has no structure in him at all. This is what our limp attack needs. Goodbye Mary, hello Segeyaro means extra 6 to 10 points per game straight away.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
McInnes on 400k? That is 200-250k less than what Rein wants. What a joke Rein is. Go for Segy, he is the best of the lot and Cook on the bench. THat would be my preference.

Is Cameron King still injured? Last I heard he was a Parra. He may be cheap. He was better than Rein and Cook when they were all at the club.
Like it. But king is injured I think

FlameThrower

Bench
Like it. But king is injured I think
Cameron King, has had a horror stretch of injuries for years, has drifted from the Dragons, to Penrith, to the Cowboys and now the Eels..with a stop start career. I can't recall last time I saw him on TV...
It all started from the 2011 World Cup Challenge...he did a shoulder or peck and was out for most of that season...

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Cameron King, has had a horror stretch of injuries for years, has drifted from the Dragons, to Penrith, to the Cowboys and now the Eels..with a stop start career. I can't recall last time I saw him on TV...
It all started from the 2011 World Cup Challenge...he did a shoulder or peck and was out for most of that season...
Thats right got us right back into the game. I have a feeling that he did his knee and is out for season. But not 100%

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
If we have an inexperienced 7 next year, I think we need an experienced 9. I'd go for Daniel Mortimer then have some kid on the bench as a utility.

If we sign a good experienced half, then someone like Baptise may be the go. We need some structure in our spine.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The stocks for hookers off contract is pretty thin TBH........this from ZT

Chris Adams, Kurt Baptiste, Paul Carter, Josh Chudleigh, Adam Clydsdale, Isaac De Gois, Matt Frawley, Krys Freeman, Grant Garvey, Ian Henderson, Jayden Hodges, Cameron King, Rory Kostjasyn, Joey Lussick, Matt McIlwrick, Kierran Moseley, Hugh Pratt, Mitch Rein, James Segeyaro, Ryan Simpkins, Matt Srama, Travis Waddell

Out of that list only Baptiste, Kostjasyn and Segeyaro stand out and wether they would come to a rabble like the current Dragons.
Kostjasyn would be a good signing but I think he would only come if JD was still in the system and had a major role in the coaching of the team.
Baptiste has been a back-up hooker most of his career, so an opportunity to be a starting hooker on a regular basis may tempt him (more so if we also, as rumoured, sign his fellow PNG mate in McDonald)
Segeyaro, would have to prove he's distanced himself from the troubles he was in to be signed. I've watched him in a couple of games in the Super League, he's been good, not outstanding, and I think that is a competition he should be dominating in. Maybe a move to the Gong would re-ignite the fire, but I think injuries and distractions have ruined his career at this point.
What I can see happening is that we will re-sign Marketo and use him as a hooker next year (God, I hope not!).
The other option is using McCrone or signing Coster and hope he can handle 1st grade, that in itself is a risk but at least he's a genuine hooker.

Sigurd

Juniors
If we have an inexperienced 7 next year, I think we need an experienced 9. I'd go for Daniel Mortimer then have some kid on the bench as a utility.

If we sign a good experienced half, then someone like Baptise may be the go. We need some structure in our spine.

Is it just me or are other people excited about the prospect of a spine featuring Daniel Mortimer, Gareth Widdop, an inexperienced half, Dugan (I'm a big fan of Dugan but he is so much more like a centre or backrower these days) and some kid on the bench as a utility?

They will bring more structure and less creativity and that is precisely what we need from the spine! I can imagine the tries flowing already! Can't wait!

Coffs dragon

Bench
That McInnes bloke is worse than Rein so why bother. I'd rather they give a young player an opportunity that has some spark or at worse McCrone at 9.

Sigurd

Juniors
If the club hadn't already descended into farce, it would have gotten Robbie Farah on the books for 2 years giving it ample time to find a suitable replacement. Alas, it has descended into farce.

Old Timer

Coach
If the club hadn't already descended into farce, it would have gotten Robbie Farah on the books for 2 years giving it ample time to find a suitable replacement. Alas, it has descended into farce.

Can't agree on that one.
Benji has become the face of the club which is not a good thing because his form on the paddock has been sub standard.a

To follow up him up with Farrah would make a bad situation even worse as Farrah is a control freak and not of our club.

since77

Juniors

Thats a paltry lot to choose from isn't it?

Baptiste & Segeyaro are really the only two there who'd be worth chasing . Our recruitment team really have done an appalling job to have us in this position mid August 2016 - no half and no hooker - dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Thats a paltry lot to choose from isn't it?

Baptiste & Segeyaro are really the only two there who'd be worth chasing . Our recruitment team really have done an appalling job to have us in this position mid August 2016 - no half and no hooker - dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Those off contract at the end of 2017 is even worse!

Sigurd

Juniors
Can't agree on that one.
Benji has become the face of the club which is not a good thing because his form on the paddock has been sub standard.a

To follow up him up with Farrah would make a bad situation even worse as Farrah is a control freak and not of our club.

What has it got to do with Benji? But quite right. We should look to constitute a spine featuring a young halfback no other club wants, Gareth Widdop, i.e. a 5/8 no other club wants, the 3rd or 4th choice hooker from another club and Dugan. Dugan is a very good player but he isn't a ball-player.

I would have thought the current and best NSW hooker would have been able to help a lot but that's my bad. Silly me.

Walpole

Juniors
What has it got to do with Benji? But quite right. We should look to constitute a spine featuring a young halfback no other club wants, Gareth Widdop, i.e. a 5/8 no other club wants, the 3rd or 4th choice hooker from another club and Dugan. Dugan is a very good player but he isn't a ball-player.

I would have thought the current and best NSW hooker would have been able to help a lot but that's my bad. Silly me.
You don't see issues with Farah and Benji at the same club? If only we had some historical perspective to go on. Wait.

Yes, silly you.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
They will bring more structure and less creativity and that is precisely what we need from the spine! I can imagine the tries flowing already! Can't wait![/QUOTE said:
So you think more structure brings less creativity? You don't think the storm are structured or the roosters/bunnies when they were dominant?

Latest posts