What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL Playoffs

The grand final at Boston will be Jacksonville v Boston/Philadelphia.

Jax won the southern conference by beating Atlanta.
Philadelphia will play Boston in the northern final after they belted Delaware. Boston beat NY 19-12.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
One of their key players sent off after 12 minutes. It's a big call.

I agree, and could only see the live stream. But if he punched the Philly player in the face, as reported, the ref doesn't have much of a choice in this era. I love the old days where that would get you 10 in the bin, especially in Finals Footy. But we all know that the more we put the product on TV for the World to see, many want the same tight rules enforced on send offs. What is the current rule in Australia (NRL or lower grades) for punching an opposing player. Not a maybe or reported punch, but one the ref clearly sees and there is no doubt of it happening?

Never happens in the NRL but from memory Jack Wighton was the last and I think he was binned.

In local footy I reckon it would be a binning as well. Depends on the incident. A bit of a scuffle and a punch thrown is a bit different to a king hit.

Latest posts