What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

kal83

Juniors
I thought the same when watching it - but all three judges plus most mma sites (bloody elbow etc) scored it rd 2 for mcgregor in play by play. Connor got a knock down in that rd - but winning rd 4 got him the fight.

shiznit

Coach
I thought the same when watching it - but all three judges plus most mma sites (bloody elbow etc) scored it rd 2 for mcgregor in play by play. Connor got a knock down in that rd - but winning rd 4 got him the fight.
Round 2 is the key round... Because Nate really poured it on and had Conor in REAL trouble at the end of the round...

But Connor dropped him twice in that round... unfortunately for Diaz there's just no way to get back a round when you've been knocked down twice... Other than finishing Conor... Which he came pretty bloody close to... But he didn't.

If they scored that for Diaz it would have been the first time I think probably in MMA and even Boxing for that matter that a dude won a round after getting knocked down twice earlier in that round...

It just won't happen...

kal83

Juniors
Yeah my streaming was playing up so didnt realise connor got two in that rd. Diaz wasnt as active as he usually is but that might have been because of mcgregors leg kicks.

Like to see them fight again but would like to see mcgregor drop doen and defend the belt.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Is it time to move on from the Diaz Conor story or are we actually going to have a trilogy?

Time to move on IMO.

Correct decision in the fight FWIW.. Could have only been a McGregor win or a draw

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Great fight but I really hop we don't see a third anytime soon. I want to see Mcgregor defend his belt against Aldo. The fact McGregor has strolled so much with Diaz suggests to me he should stick with featherweight and only move to lightweight when he can't make the cut anymore

Jono078

Referee
Man talk about a fight living up to the hype!

I know it's 1-1 between Diaz and McGregor but honestly I don't want to see the trilogy any time soon. I'd rather McGregor start going after that 155 title. I think he's done at 145 - it's a super tough cut for him.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Some good potential and confirmed title fights coming up soon. Every division seems to be invigorated except the Heavyweight division

Rumble Vs Cormier
McGregor vs Alvarez
Aldo vs #1 contender for the undisputed FW title
Woodley vs Wonderboy/Lawler
Bisping vs Hendo

Wizardman

First Grade
This CM Punk is an absolute lunatic. He has never had a fight in his life of any sort yet is going up against a guy who can throw a few punches. Surely, it will not end well for CM Punk.

Pugzley

It's Clobbering Time!!!!!!

dJtiBWMXlVPhbPsGJyEnjsVce12irIRtqDSIoZeVToRHtgiG1DaZEO1IOFaKRhD6Yxjw3g=w300-h170-nc

Lyoto

Juniors
Overeem needs to retire; guy has been KO'd 13 times. Can only imagine how many concussions he's received during training as well.

shiznit

Coach
Is there a bigger douche in all of combat sports than Edmond??

Seriously... I wish they would let Werdum take him to the ground a f**king strangle him!!