What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

lafai

Bench
Seth needs some new faces to feud against if he's gonna win. Cesaro is busy with Sheamus and he's already beaten Sami Zayn clean 3 times this month which leaves Roman and I'm sick of that feud.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'm no Balor fan, but I don't wish injury on anyone. It's a shame this has happened.

However, does anyone think this could be a bit of a boost for the Universal title in a weird kind of way?
Looking at the 3 competitors who are a legit chance of winning (Sorry Big Cass).

Reigns - Balor beat him to get to the final for the title in his first night on Raw
Rollins - Balor beat him for the title
Owens - Balor beat him for the NXT title

I know whoever wins next week might not necessarily have the title when Balor returns, but Balor has some history with each of these guys. Whoever wins next week will always have that question mark over them until Balor returns and there's history to fuel any feud the moment Balor gets back beyond "I'm back for my title".

Suddenly Balor's injury just seems to open up a little more creative possibility (unless they stick us with Reigns/Rollins for the next few months, then there's nothing creative about that.)

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
As for Rollins not having any credible challengers if he wins, it wouldn't surprise me to see a few more heel vs heel matches as these days crowds tend to cheer/boo whoever they want. A feud with Jericho/Owens wouldn't be normal, but it would be entertaining.

Maybe this is part of the reason why Big Cass is in the match, fast tracking him in a sink or swin type situation knowing he's always got the tag team with Enzo to keep him occupied if it doesn't work.

Maybe Bully Ray at a pinch, or even Big E who has been spending a little more time in singles action recently. That might be for a reason. Have Kofi/Woods defend the titles, and Big E get a bit of a singles push.

Worse comes to worse, Bobby Roode is too damn good (or should that be too damn glorious?) for NXT.

More new titles. Smackdown now has Tag Titles and a Women's Title. Both look the same as their Raw counterparts, with some colour differences. Tag is silver on blue leather, and Women's is blue on white leather.

Big Pete

Referee

Every now and then, I wonder what I ever saw in The Miz and why I was so high on him in 2009-10. Then I see a promo like this.

That's Pro Wrestling right there.

Parra Pride

Coach
Been a fan of Miz ever since this promo.

More new titles. Smackdown now has Tag Titles and a Women's Title. Both look the same as their Raw counterparts, with some colour differences. Tag is silver on blue leather, and Women's is blue on white leather.

Was a chance to get some tag titles that don't look complete garbage, and they blew it. At last the silver looks better than that copper garbage, I suppose.

Last edited:

lafai

Bench
That Miz promo was great, I pray to god they follow that up, maybe one of Bryans indie friends comes to smackdown and challenges Miz. Joe? Aries?

Parra Pride

Coach
Considering both are heels at the moment I'd say they wouldn't be too inclined to help a face out. Interesting idea though, but I'd imagine we just see Bryan putting Miz through the wringer as far as defending his title goes.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Apparentely the Dudleys are finished.
D-Von thanked for WWE fans for everything and said if it wasn't for them, they'd be nothing.
Bit of a kick in the teeth to Paul Heyman, ECW and all....

Valheru

Coach
Orton/Lesnar was a complete work and the fact most of you guys think it wasn't shows that WWE succeeded with what they wanted to do. Vince couldn't care less that Lesnar failed the drug test and wants to push him as unstoppable and I am sure he was quite pleased with himself for coming up with a UFC like finish. Personally I don't like it and I think they would get more value out of proper, competitive wrestling matches which Brock is more than capable of (See Summerslam 2013 against Punk)

As for whether he bladed or not, to me it looks like it was cut open hard way but from what I have read it was all planned. The elbow was the only full on blow he copped, the rest are being pulled by Lesnar.

Big Pete

Referee
The issue I have with Brock is that he doesn't deliver when he should.

Curb-stomping guys like The Big Show, John Cena, Randy Orton etc. is fine. However, he should really go out of his way to put other stars over. It's one thing to beat a full-time guy, it's another to give him a lackluster match. Unfortunately, Dean copped both ends of the barrel and if anything it diminished Brock in the fans eyes.

The UFC fiasco only made life worse for Brock and the WWE. It's amazing how quickly that backfired on Vince. When Brock beat Hunt, it restored his image, but as soon as the other foot hit the floor it had all but evaporated.

Valheru

Coach
My favourite part is that the NZ Herald actually reported that the WWE had fined Lesnar $500 like it was true. Dopey bastards.

lol

Speaking of which, that is one of the more ingenious storylines they have come up with lately. I couldn't help but chuckle at the amount and it sets up Brock vs Shane perfectly.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
It's just daylight between AJ and any other wrestler on the planet. Gone to another level and somehow the WWE haven't f**ked it up yet.