What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Rabbitohs @ Hunter Stadium

Who will win? Round 25: Knights v Rabbitohs

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burns

First Grade
Surely the excellent chance Souths are going to win the game will bring out some more Souths fans.

We get 10k playing interstate teams. about 13k playing sydney teams. Old boys day as well as a good expectation of a win from Souths fans we may push near 20k.

The atmosphere last game was a bit lackluster. A few times the Newcastle chant started but petered out pretty quickly as the crowd was resigned to losing.

Yeah, because we are going to lose. I sit in around a very dedicated and committed block in the top of Bay 7. Whilst it's normally packed out regardless of the game, it was barren last week. People are losing interest at the end of the season when frankly there are more enjoyable things to do on a Sunday arvo then see the Knights get belted.

On that note, in the local comp, Souths v Wests at Townsend Oval on Sunday will be an immense game. Will be a mighty crowd there.

Glendale

Juniors
I don't think we've beaten Souths since 2011 and Aku's four tries have we? And there have been some real smashings in amongst those losses... Souffs also haven't got their dirty asses down to Hunter Stadium since 2012. Not sure how a team cannot play another team at home for three seasons but there we go. Nice to see they've hit form right in time to play us...

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
What are you talking about? We've had an incredibly consistent year on many fronts. The most consistent team in the comp.

You're right! We're on this amazing club record losing streak and I really hope we don't mess it up by accidentally winning one of our last two. Let's really send this year off on an even lower note and lose by 80 this week!

macavity

Referee
You're right! We're on this amazing club record losing streak and I really hope we don't mess it up by accidentally winning one of our last two. Let's really send this year off on an even lower note and lose by 80 this week!

Challenge Accepted!

Apey

Staff member
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2016/08/28/phythian_geared_for_.af_news.html

Phythian geared for first grade debut
Sat 27th August, 03:00PM
A A
1472281493634.jpg

Dylan Phythian.

Dylan Phythian is set to make his NRL debut for the Newcastle Knights on Sunday afternoon at Hunter Stadium.

The recently turned 21-year-old was informed by the coaching staff at the beginning of the week of the possibility of his maiden first grade match.

Phythian’s first involvement with the Knights came through former head coach Rick Stone, when the then teenager was playing for the Belmont South Rabbitohs.

This season he has made a positive contribution to the Reserve Grade side, playing predominantly at fullback.

“I have had a few games with reserve grade and a bit of a bumpy season with injury,” he said.

The Newcastle local has recovered from those setbacks and has worked hard to earn his call-up.

Away from the football field, Phythian works as a telecommunications technician working on the NBN program.

“Monday night I was at Maitland working overtime,” he said.

“(Craig) Smithy gave me a call and said 'take the week off work because you’re a chance of playing this weekend'.

“My boss told me congratulations, good luck and have fun.”

Tuesday was his first session training with the NRL squad.

“It hasn’t really hit me yet. I will probably wake up on Sunday with a few nerves,” he said.

“It’s a dream come true, especially with the injuries I’ve had.”

Phythian is the eleventh player at the Club to make an NRL debut this season.

PhilGould

Bench
Tough kid. I assume he's going to play bench utility/hooker which he's probably capable of but from what I've seen he's played mainly halves and fullback in u/20's & NSW Cup. I've been impressed mostly by his running game.

Tom155

Coach
Coach Nathan Brown has finalised his team for Sunday's Old Boys Day clash against the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Dylan Phythian makes his NRL debut off the bench, while Josh King moves into the starting side for Korbin Sims (ill).

Knights

1. Jake Mamo, 2. Cory Denniss, 3. Dane Gagai, 4. Peter Mata’utia, 5. Brendan Elliot, 6. Jarrod Mullen, 7. Trent Hodkinson (c), 8. Sam Mataora, 9. Tyler Randell, 14. Josh King, 11. Sione Mata’utia, 12. Mitch Barnett, 13. Jeremy Smith (c). Interchange: 15. Daniel Saifiti, 16. Jacob Saifiti, 17. Pat Mata’utia, 23. Dylan Phythian.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2016/08/28/late_mail_knights_v_.html

Glendale

Juniors
Josh King played reserve grade earlier today. f**king amateur hour. This club is beyond pathetic.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I smell a rat. Withdraw the morning of thw game with the sniffles. Korbin can f**k off where his brother went.

Latest posts