What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray warren retiring at end of season

taipan

Referee
When he retires ,can he please take Gould with him off the TV.I watched NRL on 9 for the game,not for an in house family squabble.now Foxtel gets my grab.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Vossy has burnt his bridges. Would be a massive turnaround by Nein to bring him back.

I hope Raaaayyyy's npot coming back. Too much jibber.

Ya-vonne tries hard but is very serious and hence a bit robotic. She apparently doesn't like the women who do the silly stuff (eg Erin).

Erin is getting better and does well going along with the godawful stuff on the footy show.

Why do some of the female news readers/ sports journos (Ya-vonne, Mel McLaughlin) go for the octave deeper than normal tone? For clarity? To sound more serious or more man-like? It sounds so unnatural.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Also the funny thing with Raaayyy is that he never got the transition to telly. Called it like a dog race.

Kicker moves in, left boot strikes it, straight between the posts, over the black dot.

We can see that you merkin.

Hawkins

Juniors
Also the funny thing with Raaayyy is that he never got the transition to telly. Called it like a dog race.

Kicker moves in, left boot strikes it, straight between the posts, over the black dot.

We can see that you merkin.

That takes me back, car rides listening to the call team

Vossy has burnt his bridges. Would be a massive turnaround by Nein to bring him back.

I dare say he is on a better wicket with Fox Sports. Gets to call some games, host others from the studio. I dare say it would take a big offer from Nine to tempt him back and even then he might still knock 'em back.

Hawkins

Juniors
I dare say he is on a better wicket with Fox Sports. Gets to call some games, host others from the studio. I dare say it would take a big offer from Nine to tempt him back and even then he might still knock 'em back.

I heard it was rabs who black balled him

roofromoz

First Grade

Not too sure... but in Rab's biography, he does make reference to the issue that lead to his apparent sacking - his "criticism" of the Rabs statue in Junee in which Hadley then blew up about Vossy's disrespect, yada yada yada.

Rabs says that Vossy called him up to explain / clarify matters, but said he didn't want to get involved in the matter. But there is also one chapter in that book in which he does a lot of blowing smoke up Hadley's ass... so read into that all you want.

myrrh ken

First Grade

I'm sure it was Raaayyyy. Rabs probably had to back him up.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-rabbits-statue/story-e6freuzi-1226468080678

I agree with Vossy, ít doesnt look like him

079058-ray-warren-statue.jpg

Rabs played a straight bat:

"I don't mind what people think the statue looks like," Warren said. "A lot of thought and effort went into it and it doesn't matter what it looks like. I am just grateful for what it means to me and my family. It was a lovely day."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ss-feud-revealed/story-e6frexnr-1226111229953

Headless Chook

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-rabbits-statue/story-e6freuzi-1226468080678

"I don't mind what people think the statue looks like," Warren said. "A lot of thought and effort went into it and it doesn't matter what it looks like. I am just grateful for what it means to me and my family. It was a lovely day."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ss-feud-revealed/story-e6frexnr-1226111229953
I didn't realise Kevin Spacey was born in Junee.

The Undertaker

Juniors

I hope Raaaayyyy's npot coming back. Too much jibber.

Ya-vonne tries hard but is very serious and hence a bit robotic. She apparently doesn't like the women who do the silly stuff (eg Erin).

Erin is getting better and does well going along with the godawful stuff on the footy show.

Why do some of the female news readers/ sports journos (Ya-vonne, Mel McLaughlin) go for the octave deeper than normal tone? For clarity? To sound more serious or more man-like? It sounds so unnatural.
trying to sound tough and important

The Undertaker

Juniors
by the way, doesn't look anything like him.
Don't mind Yvonne, goes pretty good and sexy to boot.
I think Rabs is going senile. Doesn't matter what it looks like. WTF ?
If it looked like a martian or a dog turd he'd be worried about it.
Hadley is a loudmouth bully, nothing more, nothing less. Actually just a nothing

Last edited:

The Undertaker

Juniors
matt thompson is a wanker as is Gilbert and Ginnane is a sensationalist wanker.
Bring on Vossy and Maroon

Last edited:

gallagher

Juniors
I'll be spewing if Voss is lost to nine. This year has been an absolute pleasure not having to watch that network.

bileduct

Coach
Warren Smith is the best caller in the game.

I do not get why people think Andrew Voss is a good caller. The guy is an idiot.

Brutus

Referee

What has Peter Gabriel got to do with Junee?

Latest posts