What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

College Football game for Sydney

nick87

Coach
Im in S119-2
Right behind the sticks, not the ideal spot, i was going to go a platinum ticket until i managed to rope about 9 mates into going with me, and that was the only section that would let me purchase in a block, should be a f**king great day out.

ggmu

Juniors
I'll be there hopefully. Probably the best sporting event I've been to was USC vs Arizona a few years ago at the coliseum in LA. Even though i know this won't be anywhere near the atmosphere that game was. But wouldn't turn down an opportunity to watch college ball.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'll be in Bronze behind the sticks

The corner is no better a view, and at least behind you get a good view of their formation/play

Just can't afford to pay $100+ for a ticket.

nick87

Coach
Yeah that's how im spinning it in my head too, i've basically got the all-22 view :lol:

Man i cant wait for this shit though

abpanther

Staff member
So who's going to this?

Would be sweet to meet up before or afterwards for a few drinks!

nick87

Coach
yeah im going, first flight out of canberra to catch up with a group of mates. Hurting for it!

mave

Coach
Was a great day out tbh.

The "spectacle" was amazing...cheerleaders, marching bands, etc...
Would definately go again.

mave

Coach
As an aside though, how the fk was there 60k people there...
Im not an ANZ expert, but the ground seemed only slightly over half full, at best imo.

Does ANZ still hold 80k ?

nick87

Coach
Yeah i had a great time. Me and about 7 mates just pounding booze from 9am through till about 1am this morning. I feel like death warmed up right now but it was a cracking day

nick87

Coach
We had some breaky beers at a cafe near central
Then hit the pub before kick off, we tried to keep the good times rolling but once the game got out of hand and the beer had run out, we smoke bombed outta there to hit the pub and watch the raiders play (we're all raiders fans)

After that we just holed up into a pub near Haymarket and just pounded booze through some dinner and footy, then back to our room with a few bottles of vino for the Tottenham v Liverpool game

It was a monster session. Haha

thorson1987

Coach
Lol @ the people complaining about the teams. Be grateful you're even getting one. It's a strange attitude to have considering how rare we get one.

I'll be getting tickets as soon as they come out

Except you didn't.

Only decided to come the day before.

I enjoyed it. Beers at the Brewery beforehand.

Heard that alot of the food stalls ran out of food before the end of the 1st qtr. Same with some of the bars.

I missed the entire 2nd qtr lining up for a 2 foot long hot dog. Not going to lie, it was worth it.

A guy I know sets up grounds for his job and was working yesterday.

He got me onto the field for the 4 nations game between the Kangaroos and Samoa in Wollongong the other year to hold up the banner so I asked him if he could get me down there yesterday. Said no chance as the security was really strict.

Although he did get me a pic of the Hawaii cheerleaders.

received_1063316303790003.jpeg

thorson1987

Coach
Anyone else see the guy with the Lions jersey with Hayne on the back but 01 as the number????

Got a photo of it but it's too large to upload apparently.

thorson1987

Coach
14138537_145741202537597_1577496319_n.jpg