What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

TheFrog

Coach
Moylan is a conundrum. He played okay, def better than Pearce and Reynolds, but he doesn't play 5/8 at club level. Also he was only reselected at the last minute to replace Reynolds, mainly because there was a feeling he was hard done by in being unseated at fullback.

Is he a good long term option? Or do we look to blood yet another new half?
If the Panthers don't play him there next season, and if Tedesco is so damn good he can't be considered in his stead in the 1, then I guess he has to miss out.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Hook is making a big mistake in not shifting Moylan. And he is definitely the best option for NSW. I'm not too bothered by him not wearing #6 on his back at Penrith, because he plays like he is no. 6 anyway. Played halves as a junior I believe too. It is his natural position.

ram raid

Bench
1 Jake Mamo
2 Will Hoppoate
3 Mitchell Aubusson
4 Euan Aitkan
5 Kerrod Holland
6 Luke Keary
7 Tyrone Roberts
8 Tim Mannah (c)
9 Damien Cook
10 Isaac De Gois
11 Shannon Boyd
12 Kyle Lovett
13 Jack de Bellin

:cool:

Medium Rare

Juniors
Give me

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3, Croker
4. Leilua
5. Ferguson
6. Hayne
7. Cleary
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. James
11. Cordner
12. Cartwright
13. Merrin

J Bird, Klemmer, Boyd, Peachey

And let the good times roll

maple_69

Bench
If current form continues you would have to say all of Cartwright, Moylan and Wallace ( plus Cleary maybe the following year) are all a good shot at being selected. Daley loves his club combos. I wonder if this will play into his plans at all. Long term even if Moylan stays at the back for Penrith, having Cleary there might make the decision easier to play him at 5/8 in Origin anyway as they are effectively halves partners for Penrith regardless of numbers.

nick87

Coach
Moses can't play state football until he learns to tackle
That Josh Papalii guy who ate today? Yeah he plays for qld, and he'll have JT/Cronk giving him that ball at that level

mxlegend99

Referee
Not sure he would be as effective without Rapana either. Both guys are so big and powerful they create space for each other. They have an amazing combination going and if you try to mark up on one the other will carve you a new one. They have learned to exploit that.

Im happy with a largely similar backline. If they are fit and in form, you make space for Brett Morris and Jarryd Hayne. otherwise I think the new guys did well enough.

Tedesco, Mansour and Bird would round the backline out nicely. Although Bird might remain on the bench in which case BJ Leilua has an opening. Could be the ideal solution without dropping one of the new guys who did a good job.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We have the best backline in the comp and nobody from it is good enough to play rep footy. Interesting.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Your centres are the only ones worth arguing about. And croker is probably viewed as "too small for origin"