What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training Camp & Preseason Games

Frederick

Staff member
Steelers looked a lot better this morning with Big Ben and Brown on the field. Even Landry put last weeks horror show behind him and had a great game.

Our 7th rounder, Tyler Matakevich, made his first pick as a steeler too. Hope he gets his fair share of game time this year...most recent winner of the Bronco Nagurski trophy (placing him alongside past winners as Aaron Donald, Suh, Dumervil, Suggs, Woodson and plenty more), and he's the token ranga on the team:
MATAKEVICH-HEAD-SHOT.jpg

kurt faulk

Coach

The Rams will pray that none of their 1st teamers get injured because the 2nd team is horrible. The wrs can't even catch the ball. If someone looked at the box score you'd think Goff was horrible but it was the exact opposite. He made great throws time and again and watch the ball pop out of the wr's hands. Even the one horrible throw he made was dropped by the db who should have intercepted the ball.

I can't believe goff hasn't had any snaps with all the 1st team. It's mind blowing. He can obviously make all the throws that case can only dream about making. Not that case has looked bad but why not see how goff looks with all the starters.

shiznit

Coach

The Rams will pray that none of their 1st teamers get injured because the 2nd team is horrible. The wrs can't even catch the ball. If someone looked at the box score you'd think Goff was horrible but it was the exact opposite. He made great throws time and again and watch the ball pop out of the wr's hands. Even the one horrible throw he made was dropped by the db who should have intercepted the ball.

I can't believe goff hasn't had any snaps with all the 1st team. It's mind blowing. He can obviously make all the throws that case can only dream about making. Not that case has looked bad but why not see how goff looks with all the starters.

From watching hard knocks... He still looks like he's learning the ropes...

And to be fair Case Keenum hasn't done that much wrong...

nick87

Coach
Im starting to think the Eagles may not be the dumpster fire i thought they might be.
The Defense looks good. Like REALLY good. I still think the offence is going to unwatchable some weeks but maybe there is a chance it can be perfectly average?
Maybe?

:D

Tom155

Coach
Trevor Siemian a 2nd year 7th round pick has been named the Broncos starter, Sanchez likely to be cut leaving the defending champs with 2 QB's with 1 career nfl snap

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Sad news for the Kid... He was playing lights out this offseason too...

IMO he was on the verge of a breakout season...

Dogs Of War

Coach
Curious what the Vikings do? Get a one year person in like McCown from the Browns? Go hard and offer something decent for a backup like AJ McCarron? or go full genius and grab Sanchez?

nick87

Coach
Curious what the Vikings do? Get a one year person in like McCown from the Browns? Go hard and offer something decent for a backup like AJ McCarron? or go full genius and grab Sanchez?

I cant see them going for someone young like McCarron, it's just not what teams do when they have a young franchise QB.

I expect it'll wind up being a Kaepernick/Sanchize/McCown type player. And it's not ideal

Dogs Of War

Coach
I cant see them going for someone young like McCarron, it's just not what teams do when they have a young franchise QB.

I expect it'll wind up being a Kaepernick/Sanchize/McCown type player. And it's not ideal

Yeah fair enough. Given next season is the last for McCarron on his current contract, I see us trading him after this season is over to a QB needy team. Hopefully he goes well in whatever limited minutes he gets this season.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Mettenberger claimed by the Steelers to be the #3 QB, Bruce is done. Hopefully he never plays a snap.

Tom155

Coach
Justin Forsett, Josh Sitton, Ronnie Hillman & Mark Sanchez among the cuts today

Reports already that Sanchez will sign with Dallas

Latest posts