What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Rabbitohs @ Hunter Stadium

Who will win? Round 25: Knights v Rabbitohs

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
He just scored.
And smith converted.
Nice
Yeah he finished it off nicely but we're not fooled.
He should be making runs like that 4 or 5 times every week. All he needs to do is hang around the play the ball behind our forwards waiting for an offload.

I know it's only 25 minutes but Pythian could be a good bench player for next year. Seems like he has a go and by all reports can play a number of positions

Zoidberg

First Grade
We're kinda like the Warriors. We're pretty shit, our defence is unorganised, we make bad decisions and poor errors. Difference is, we don't have the attacking ability to get ourselves out of bad situations like they do sometimes.

The Undertaker

Juniors
True that
Yeah he finished it off nicely but we're not fooled.
He should be making runs like that 4 or 5 times every week. All he needs to do is hang around the play the ball behind our forwards waiting for an offload.
Needs to hang around those islander wrecking balls.
Don't think their potential was realised either. Every time they were waiting with open arms for the ball and its passed past them. A lot of the time they're standing flat footed too though.
If they hit the line on the burst they'd be near unstoppable

Glendale

Juniors
Denniss has played 7 first grade games this year. That in reality is about 4-5 too many, just not ready for it at this stage. It says more about or depth and injury situation then it anything.

Apey

Staff member
Well I'm glad that's over for another year. My mate wants to renew his membership for god knows what reason.

Great crowd for you guys today.

And chins up.

It's shite now but it doesn't last forever. Newcastle is too strong a heartland and a proud club and region. Sure, recovery is slow, but it'll come. When you get title 3, it'll be sweet as.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
To be fair I thought we were pretty decent in the first half, two of their tries were off kicks and they only scored once by putting it through the hands. If our attack was actually NRL quality we could have scored a couple of tries and still been in the match at half time.

The second half was crap and we started falling off tackles and getting destroyed up the middle. At least we scored points though.

My thoughts:
- the Saifitis were both good, they've finished the season strongly, I wasn't sold on Jacob earlier in the year but he's been great over the last few weeks

- Sione is a weapon, we can build our club around this kid and the Saifitis if we can hold onto them for the next 10 years (big if)

- Pythian was good on debut, great to see him score a try and seemed to pass well out of dummy half, would like to see more of him next year

- Denniss was terrible today, probably worst on field, hard to point the finger though because it probably doesn't even rate in the top 5 worst performances from Knights players this year which is saying something. He's in over his head but hopefully he'll be better for the run.

- Mamo was rubbish for most of the game but his try was pretty special which at least provided a highlight for the afternoon. For mine if he can't grow a passing game he has no hope of being a fullback, we had a situation earlier in the first half where we had a 3 on 2 on the left in the opposition 20 metre zone and Mamo threw a dummy and ran it himself and lost the ball, any other team would have scored there, literally any other team...

- We have been getting absolutely killed by the refs all year, there were some absolutely BS penalties that have gone against us and I can't remember the last 50/50 that went our way. Hopefully next year will be different.

Knight76

Juniors
Brown in the presser mentioned he thought Hodkinson had a good solid performance.

He must have different expectations on what a half should do to me.

Apey

Staff member
Haha I honestly hope Brown is trolling when he talks up Hodkinson.

Knight76

Juniors
He'd have to be surely. He can't really say much else, we are stuck with our so called gun half signing for now so not a lot he can say.

Honestly though, are the press that attend the post match only allowed to ask vetted questions. I men come on, Asking Brown how he feels going to Kogarah next week? Who gives a shit. Or, asking about Souths and if they should be in the 8, what happened did he just read a question from the souths presser by mistake? Or the classic how important is it to win next week as it's the last game?

How about asking some real questions like hey Hodkinson, why don't you ever do ANYTHING? Or Browny, are you looking to sign anybody from the UK that you noticed from your time over there?

Anyway, I thought J. Smith should have been in the presser not plodkinson.

Latest posts