What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray warren retiring at end of season

axl rose

Bench
Rabs says that Vossy called him up to explain / clarify matters,.

Whats to explain. doesn't look like him. I could understand if he said how stupid it is that they made a statue of a geriatric gambling addict who calls sports but he didn't.

Steer clear of 9 Vossy they are a sinking ship.

AJB1102

First Grade
Warren Smith is the best caller in the game.

I do not get why people think Andrew Voss is a good caller. The guy is an idiot.

Voss does ramble on about some strange/irrelevant shit sometimes but for me it comes down to Voss using his position to champion the removal of the corner post which has been brilliant. Smith on the other hand drove for a 2nd ref which is shithouse .. and now he's banging his drum to have leg lifts in tackles penalised. The bloke is a f**kwit. How Brandy doesn't snot him when leans into his face to emphasize parts of what he's saying amazes me.

thorson1987

Coach
Warren Smith is the best caller in the game.

I do not get why people think Andrew Voss is a good caller. The guy is an idiot.

Probably not the best caller, but his knowledge of players and lower grade teams is second to none on either 9 or fox.

roofromoz

First Grade
I'm sure it was Raaayyyy. Rabs probably had to back him up.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-rabbits-statue/story-e6freuzi-1226468080678

I agree with Vossy, ít doesnt look like him

079058-ray-warren-statue.jpg

Rabs played a straight bat:

"I don't mind what people think the statue looks like," Warren said. "A lot of thought and effort went into it and it doesn't matter what it looks like. I am just grateful for what it means to me and my family. It was a lovely day."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ss-feud-revealed/story-e6frexnr-1226111229953

Looks more like Normie Rowe.

Rhino60

Juniors
Rabbits is a superstar compared to the Muppets we've got here in the UK. He'll be hard to replace, but please let it be anybody apart from Ray Hadley! The bloke is such a sycophant, crawling around the the rest of the guys. It sometimes feels like they're barely able to tolerate being in the same room with him.

undertaker

Coach
It's going to be interesting who calls State of Origin and the Grand Final for Channel 9 next year. Hope it isn't Hadley.

Thompson calls the game pretty well but shit his voice is annoying. They need to find someone else.

Thompson is still much better than Hadley, Gilbert, and whoever else Channel 9 has.

undertaker

Coach
What are you guys thoughts on Anthony Maroon at Triple M? Do you think he has what it takes to call matches on tv?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I think Maroon called a few QLD cup games whilst he wasn't working for Triple M. Sounded alright.

I actually don't mind Thompson, he calls the game pretty well, I can understand people finding his voice a bit annoying when he yells, a bit like Dan Ginnane, but heaps better than Gilbert and Raaaaayyyy.

undertaker

Coach
I actually don't mind Thompson, he calls the game pretty well, I can understand people finding his voice a bit annoying when he yells, a bit like Dan Ginnane, but heaps better than Gilbert and Raaaaayyyy.

I agree with you.

Thompson isn't anything outstanding, but solid and I would much prefer to hear him call matches than Gilbert or Raaaay..

forward pass

Coach
Just by reading this thread, clearly there is not a commentator that doesn't polarise people. Vossy, Smith, Thompson - some love em, some hate em. It will always be that way. Impossible to find one that everyone will like.

Some of Rabs pronunciations are getting to me like Wid-dop and on the weekend he kept calling Jordan Mclean - Mcleen ! I also noticed on the weekend Rabs kep referring to the GF as the 'Grand' ! Annoying.

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
I thought he was supposed to go after the Olympics in 2012, he hinted at this years ago. 5 years later still hogging the chair. He is passed it and now is becoming a liability. Mistake riddled rambling calls.

its like Rex messop in his twilight years.