What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day V Eels (round 25)

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Welcome to game day.

The penultimate round of 2016 and I don't see us doing well, in fact I can see them putting 20 on us in a quick period of time.

I feel sorry for Hutch, he's on a hiding to nothing, play well and maybe you get the gig next year, have a bad or ordinary game and see you in the Cutters next year, the poor boy can't win either way.

With Packer missing and a risk on playing Sims, I don't think we have the fire power to match it with the Eels. PLus with Radradra and French we cannot maych them for pace out wide either.

I'm predicting a score of: Eels 26 Dragons 14

Good luck to the U20's. a win against the young Eels could elevate them into 3rd on the ladder with a great prospect in the final round to finish 2nd. But they need to have a win tonight for all that to happen.

As always........Go Dragons!!!!

OzDragon

Coach
Only watching this to see how Hutch goes. It's the Eels last game at Parra before they rebuild it so they'll be fired up. Sadly, think we're in for a long night.

denis preston

First Grade
I don't think I have ever been in such a terrible frame of mind over my beloved Dragons and favor getting beaten rather than give the bald headed one a chance to claim glory. It scares me that if our losses happened 4 games later than they did Mary would now be on a 3 year extension. looking forward to seeing how Hutch , Lulia & Host go but agree that Hutch has been treated shabbily.

Dea

Juniors
I may watch to see how Hurch goes although as a one off I'm not expecting that much from him.
Parra will be playing to create history, our boys will be playing for Mary.... enough said.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Our halves come up against a winger playing at half (He is doing quite well at that) and an aging no frills Robson. Should be interesting.

With the last game at Pirtek before they renovate I am expecting them to be fired up. Going to be a loooooong night. What is sad is if Saints win most will be disapointed because our clueless board may keep Mary for 2017 based on finishing on a possible 26pts wich is only 2pts out of the 8 if they beat the Knights. Mary will blame kicks, Reynolds trip and Williams reintroducing the 1908 rule for not making the top 8.

Dragsters

First Grade
I will be watching as always as it is the second last chance to see my team go around before the long season break.

I must admit though I am conficted as to what outcome would be the best result.

A win may not be the best for long term but I will cheer them on all the same.

Go the MIGHTIES!

Zucchini

Juniors
For the first time in about 20 years (or whenever Fox Sports came into our lives and every game was broadcast) I don't think I can watch. For years I've organised my life as best as I can to either be at the game or watch it live or record and not get the score and watch it at the first available opportunity. It used to be a major highlight of the week. But not anymore. It's too painful. And it makes me too angry. And the pain and the anger result in next to no sleep. Why do that to myself? I think I'll just watch Survivor. I'll be there on Saturday night to farewell Benny but that will be different - I feel like it's the least I can do for him - It will be a bit of a privilege to be able to be there for that. But not tonight. And I'm not suggesting that I think my not watching has in any way any impact on the Club or McGregor or anything. I'm merely pointing out how personal it is. As I'm sure it is for many of you.

St Georgio

Juniors
In 1986 Parramatta's grand opening resulted in a 36-6 win for them, the closing of Parra std will end in the same fashion.
Parra 36
Saints 6

For the first time in about 20 years (or whenever Fox Sports came into our lives and every game was broadcast) I don't think I can watch. For years I've organised my life as best as I can to either be at the game or watch it live or record and not get the score and watch it at the first available opportunity. It used to be a major highlight of the week. But not anymore. It's too painful. And it makes me too angry. And the pain and the anger result in next to no sleep. Why do that to myself? I think I'll just watch Survivor. I'll be there on Saturday night to farewell Benny but that will be different - I feel like it's the least I can do for him - It will be a bit of a privilege to be able to be there for that. But not tonight. And I'm not suggesting that I think my not watching has in any way any impact on the Club or McGregor or anything. I'm merely pointing out how personal it is. As I'm sure it is for many of you.

Understand how you are feeling and am experiencing the same emotion at present.

Am going to watch on Fox as I am stuck in Canberra this year and will be cheering the juniors on.

Hutch is in a no win situation for this one.

I got the impression from Mary's interview that its the Board that want him to start Hutch, otherwise Benji would be playing.

Parra at home this season have been tough customers. Could be a very long night.

For the sake of the spirits of the juniors playing am hoping we towel the eels !!!

Go the mighty SAINTSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

since77

Juniors
Last game I went to at Parramatta Stadium was the one (not sure what year it was ) when we pretty much put a reserve grade side on the field due to injuries or State of Origin - and we were tipped to get smashed - and the guys got up for the win. Not sure but Ryles might have been captain?

saintjeff

Juniors
Great organising by the nrl to put it on monday
Should have been a sunday arvo
Last time i went to eels ground we got beat 36/0 under price
Sat in the mix with the redneck eels fans as my cousin is a eels fan
The ground is crap as they give u tickets in the corners
Better watch at home

OzDragon

Coach
Can totally understand where you're coming from. I'll watch the game cos I've got nothing else to do, but I just won't care about the result. And that's so god damn depressing.

Dragons 09

Juniors
I'm quite excited about watching the game, particularly in seeing how Hutch goes. There's a couple of other things i am also keen to see how they play out.

Firstly, i am interested to see what Widdop will deliver now that he has a genuine half back to work with. I know the sentiments of many with regards Marshall and Widdop and while there are many valid points that get raised, i have always been of the opinion that they don't compliment each other and their performances over the last couple of years are a reflection of this rather than their personal ability. If Widdop turns out a performance commensurate with what he has delivered so far this season, then his longevity needs to be seriously questioned. If he steps up and is one of our best, i think this would be a slap in the face for Mary for persevering with Benji at half for as long as he has (and i get the feeling Widdop would like to drive home this point) Over to you Gareth, show us you deserve to wear the Big Red V.

And secondly, i'm really keen to see what Rein and Lafai deliver. If it is true that they won't be with us next season, then i expect them to try and go out and prove a point. This in itself could be interesting to watch, especially if they go out with their own agenda and with total disregard for what Mary tells them in the sheds. There could be some mutiny on show tonight.

Of course, we could just turn up and play dragons footy like we have for the last 5 years and i'll be reaching for sharp objects to stick in my eyes, but i get the feeling this could be a real interesting game to watch regardless of whether we win, lose or draw.

Oh, and go the mighty's, even though we are a train wreck, we still wear the Big Red V so i'll still be cheering.

Latest posts