What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we....

Card Shark

Immortal
All the so called experts still aren't givingI wonder how those teams themselves feel about us. Deep down I mean. All players say nice things about their opposition when in front of the camera, I wonder what they privately think of us.

I hope they think we are shit.

All the so called experts still aren't giving us a chance though. It's all Storm, Broncos and Cows. Even if we beat the Storm and get the MP I still don't think they'll rate us.

I wonder how those teams themselves feel about us. Deep down I mean. All players say nice things about their opposition when in front of the camera, I wonder what they privately think of us.

The Sharks have always played their best footy as under dogs. Our form slump is a blessing in a way that the band wagon hangers on in the media hopped off our shoulders. The winning streak talk really cluttered the players minds and they started playing like they were in dinner suits and everything would magically happen.

Finally players are putting their shoulder to the wheel and I expect it to ramp up once we hit the finals. My only fear is that our older forwards are getting tired again at the business end of the season. Hoping they will all pick up a bit more as we play the big games.

Card Shark

Immortal
The Sharks have always played their best footy as under dogs. Our form slump is a blessing in a way

Absolutely, that's why I don't care for the minor premiership, although in the circumstances we now need it or face being third.

Gal having a couple of weeks off was a big blessing too.

Card Shark

Immortal
Will depend on who finishes where & when their "home" ground is available.

If it's first, I'd guess Friday night though.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Will depend on who finishes where & when their "home" ground is available.

If it's first, I'd guess Friday night though.

Nope the MP's play on Sunday, the runners up Sat night. The rest of the 8 make up the other two games on Friday night and sat early evening

Edit: Hold up, I might be wrong. Yes I know, hard to believe. i couldn't believe it myself.

Card Shark

Immortal
I don't want to play on Sunday because if we lose, might have to back up the following Friday?

Edit: having said that, a day game gives us more chance of winning.

cb4

First Grade
If we stick to the game plan we had on Saturday night we will comfortably beat Melbourne.
Kick to the corners, make them turn and chase.
One thing we need to add though is bringing in blockers for Feki on Vunivalu.
Other wise we should be fine.

In terms of the forward battle, we are not to dissimilar to them, so we should be able to match them. It will come down to moments of individual brilliance.
Either Cam Smith or Maloney will decide the game.

If we stick to the game plan we had on Saturday night we will comfortably beat Melbourne.
Kick to the corners, make them turn and chase.
One thing we need to add though is bringing in blockers for Feki on Vunivalu.
Other wise we should be fine.

In terms of the forward battle, we are not to dissimilar to them, so we should be able to match them. It will come down to moments of individual brilliance.
Either Cam Smith or Maloney will decide the game.

I'm not so confident. Melbourne will be fired up after a flat performance. Bellyache knows how to get that squad up for a game. They are so good around the ruck and we have seen what happens when teams get line speed on us.

txta2

Bench
f**k this is deja vu like last year. If we lose this weekend it will probably be all over.

cb4

First Grade
I'm not so confident. Melbourne will be fired up after a flat performance. Bellyache knows how to get that squad up for a game. They are so good around the ruck and we have seen what happens when teams get line speed on us.

Not that I am confident, but if we get it spot on there is no reason why we cannot win.

eddiesmith

Juniors
Day of the game is interesting, last year 1st v 4th was Friday night but with the Donkeys finishing 5th, they will probably get Friday night!!!

Also if Melbourne win, there is an AFL final on Friday night at the MCG so may not be the best idea for them to play a home final Friday night

If we win I can see them going:
Fri Night: Broncos v Titans
Sat Early: Sharks v Cowboys
Sat Late: Storm v Raiders
Sun Arvo: Dogs v Panthers

Card Shark

Immortal
TK was saying that the AFL are having a week off games this week & start finals next week.

Surely they wouldn't do that?

Edit: if they have a game scheduled for the MCG next Friday night, I suppose they are.

Good for rugby league this week, particularly in Melbourne.

Latest posts