What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Tigers rd25

spear tackle

Juniors
I actually laughed at fulltime, same old thing nearly every year I should be used to it but I'm not.
At least we know we wont be getting a Fathers day prezzie in the form of getting to see our side in the top 8 so can plan our weekends accordingly

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I've just been out for a bike ride to get some air. On the way home I recalled a comment someone on our forum said in about round 14, that this season was nothing short of a 'bog standard Warriors season'.

At the time (I think we'd won a couple on the trot) I thought it isn't like previous failed seasons since 2011, but now I realise it is.

Our season was over at half-time against the Bunnies. Again, someone said it here. I knew they were right but just didn't want to believe it.

As for next year, we can say anything we want, but let's just get off to a winning start. That might break the mold.

We'll hear the same shit out of HQ but it is EXACTLY the same as the last 4 seasons. Shit start, lose the round one game and a few more before the bye, load up on points against under-manned and tired rep stars during Origin, back into the 8 then fall ass over kite in the run home with a pretty plum draw.

As I've said before, we had 14 games in NZ this year. We've won 7 of them (with one next week). Pathetic. It shits me that teams like the Tigers last night turn up to Mt Smart and have no fear. With the leads we had yesterday, we used to blow sides away on being ruthless and a baying crowd behind us. No more. Teams are perfectly happy to play us these days because we're very easy to plan for and we're not big, nor particularly fast or any other skill.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I wasn't around for the late 90s but I'm starting to get the idea.

I laughed at the last try. Long and hard, almost psychotic.

Rich102

Staff member
I believe at half-time the boys had a vote.
Do we put in the effort and make the top 8 and play more football or do we lie down and start our holidays next week. Holidays won 14-3.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Rinse and repeat in 2017 I reckon. From what I've seen with most other teams, even the shit ones, they have a lot more promise in their squads - particularly in the halves - and can rightly be optimistic about next year. But us... I just don't know.

We're hanging a lot of hope on a new coach but I'm not sure we deserve one. I understand how frustrating it must be to play with under a shabby coach with a poor game-plan. But I hate the idea that players sulk and don't put in the effort because they're grumpy at the coach. I want to see players putting in 100% regardless (especially in the most important game of the season, jesus f**king christ). Don't they have any pride?

Alan Johnson

Juniors
I would almost prefer to see a team of local nobodies play their hearts out for the wooden spoon then a team of apparently "good" players wallow their way to ninth place... Again.

Blair

Coach
I wasn't around for the late 90s but I'm starting to get the idea.

I laughed at the last try. Long and hard, almost psychotic.

I'm easy on the laughs as well, but not so much when I think that non-Warriors fans are laughing too.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Was watching the Sunday Footy Show earlier, and I'd love some of what Sam Thaiday is on

They were previewing the Warriors v Tigers match, and comes up with a comment that "The Warriors always strike a bit of form this time of year to sneak into the finals, then do a bit of damage from there"

That was a long time ago Sammy

Was watching the Sunday Footy Show earlier, and I'd love some of what Sam Thaiday is on

They were previewing the Warriors v Tigers match, and comes up with a comment that "The Warriors always strike a bit of form this time of year to sneak into the finals, then do a bit of damage from there"

That was a long time ago Sammy
Around the same time we had a monster/ huge pack! How did he not slip that in?