What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League films

Redback71

First Grade
Has the site been shut down? I went to buy a couple of games on DVD and the site now re-directs to the NRL site. Does that mean we cant buy games on DVD anymore? As I cant see a link anywhere.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I dont know if its the same organisation, but is there a reason NRL films has stopped producing??

They did one really nice doco about the 2005 GF then nothing....

Docos cant be too expencive (they already own the footage and the interviews should be fairly easy to produce). And they give the game a greater historical narritive than the Match commentators ever could.

undertaker

Coach
So, does anyone know what happened to Rugby League Films?

And in addition, I made this post in another thread but in regards to old highlights/match replays on the NRL website, I distinctly remember when the highlights/match replay archive on the NRL website went back as far as Round 9, 2001......all gone now. Any specific reason for doing this? It's almost as if the NRL want that period of the game to be forgotten and consigned to the trash heap.

Many memorable/classic matches since Rd 9 2001, and absolutely no footage can be found online, not even on the NRL website. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Even when the NRL channel is launched on Foxtel next year, I highly doubt unlike the previous NRL channel on Optus during the late 90s/early 2000s, that they will show highlights from any of those games.

undertaker

Coach
For myself and others who wondered what happened...

It looks like Rugby League Films has been resurrected, albeit under the name "My Replay". I just happened to stumble upon this by chance:

http://www.myreplay.com.au/

Last edited:

TheDalek079

Bench
just stumbled upon that myreplay site yesterday. good that it exists, could be better though. at least theres a way to get copies of some old games.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Be nice if you could sample the quality of the videos. A few games i'd love to get, but not for $19.99. Saw the Dragons V Raiders 96 semi on there for $88.00 lol. Gota b a mistake.

roofromoz

First Grade
I can get the entire 2012 Panthers season box set. For the great price of $238.80.

maxresdefault.jpg

Be nice if you could sample the quality of the videos. A few games i'd love to get, but not for $19.99. Saw the Dragons V Raiders 96 semi on there for $88.00 lol. Gota b a mistake.
It's a high price because you can request a certain game that isn't on the regular list yet. It will drop down in price eventually.
I picked up a couple of new games not previously available on the site. Eels v Dragons 1986 and Eels v Bulldogs 1986 SF

tumbidragon

First Grade
It's a high price because you can request a certain game that isn't on the regular list yet. It will drop down in price eventually.
I picked up a couple of new games not previously available on the site. Eels v Dragons 1986 and Eels v Bulldogs 1986 SF
How's the quality.

TheDalek079

Bench
i thought that the really expensive ones they have copies of, but in old formats (probably video tape), so it'll cost more to convert/digitise it.

would love to get the Easts/Norths final of 1997, but not at that price. gotta live in hope that one day therell be more nrl essentials, and they can include it there (the last Roosters essentials set had 2 games from 1991 and one from 1993. Those were bad times for the club; we dont need matches from them). but beyond... does those so maybe they don;t have good access to that finals game either :/