What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys

I think it is almost confirmed we will be wearing a modern version of the 1991 jersey if you look at the Panthers membership website for 2017.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Anyone know why the Membership packs are different for the Proud Panther membership? Would've thought the base packs would be the same - I'd have to get the 6 Game Flexi to get the proper one.

Royce is King

Juniors
I think it would be great to return to the 1991 strip and colours. This next jersey is the jersey that Phil Gould has said he wants for the next 50 yrs.

IF we are going with the 91 combo and it is IF, then i dont agree with 2017 membership branding. What has the black and gold colours got to do with the 2017 season and beyond? . Why have kids kick around footys that are not in the teams colours?,

Branding and Identity have not been our clubs strong point since 1996, and if we are returning to our former colours then the club should be banging down doors ,screaming it to the world and more importantly, saturating the market place with polos, footys ,caps, scarves..... everything that we sell should be in the 1991 colours.

We have too stop having a bit each way with our branding and let the world know what our colours are.

Blues Riff

Bench
Personally I think the Black and Gold should stay. It's classy and recognisable to even non Penrith people. These colours have far more potential than the '91.

I have nothing against this-

It's iconic and gives us a warm fuzzy feeling. But what are the chances of this remaining as is. The red/green/yellow enhance the black perfectly in these proportions.
The issue I have is that these stripes will again be considered our main colours, spawning in future years such abominations as the Superleague strip.
Let face it. It's a fugly colour combo when misused.
What I'm saying is- the '91 strip could be our own version of the red V, but I have no faith that they won't eventually make a mess of it.
That's why I prefer the Black/Gold.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Personally I think the Black and Gold should stay. It's classy and recognisable to even non Penrith people. These colours have far more potential than the '91.

I have nothing against this-

It's iconic and gives us a warm fuzzy feeling. But what are the chances of this remaining as is. The red/green/yellow enhance the black perfectly in these proportions.
The issue I have is that these stripes will again be considered our main colours, spawning in future years such abominations as the Superleague strip.
Let face it. It's a fugly colour combo when misused.
What I'm saying is- the '91 strip could be our own version of the red V, but I have no faith that they won't eventually make a mess of it.
That's why I prefer the Black/Gold.

Good post Riff - Understand your concerns RE the 91 colours and agree - Fingers crossed they don't get too carried away with jersey designs.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah that's a terrible jersey. My hope would be that the merch sales speak for themselves and we stick with it. I'll certainly be grabbing a home and away if we go back to the licorice all sorts. Colour switching and huge panther aside, I think the actual designs of our jerseys have been pretty consistently solid since that horrible kids scribble away Jersey we had in 05 or so.

The teal was woeful also

Gus has been brilliant but he's totally failed on jerseys and branding so far except for the brilliant ANZAC jersey

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Unlike most, I'm not a huge fan of the 1991 jersey; the red, yellow and green is just so random. I would stick with black, gold, and white as our primary colors, ditch the current logo and go back to the 1991 one (but change the coloring to reflect the new jerseys)...and stick mostly with the design of the current jerseys, but without the side paneling, and of course that monstrosity on the front.

Doomednow

Bench
Yep red yellow and green a bit much. Keep the overall pattern but switch out the colours to just black white and gold.

Won't happen. Months ago I tweeted Gus with an image someone had mocked up, possibly GazF, can't remember. Gus said it was good but he thought that we could do better.

No we f**king couldn't, Gus, as anyone who's seen our previous efforts can attest to.

Latest posts