What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

betcats

Referee
Lmao good one mate.

Bj is better than every nsw eligible centre besides maybe croker. This is objective fact.

You can hang your hat on one game where we smoked manly and were never in danger of losing. I could just as easily say his defense has been excellent in big games but here is the rub my butthurt little friend with an anti raiders player agenda.

We need to stop worrying about Queensland and worry about scoring some f**king points and sticking the ball back into their court. If BJ has a few lapses in defense he makes up for it by being by a mile the best attacking edge player in the comp. Yeah he is loose, yeah he has a lazy read in him but its time to fight fire with fire and play players who are more than just a garbage bag stuffed with straw to trip over greg inglis....maybe.

Who gives a f**k about greg inglis. Maybe having to defend a centre that can outpower him might be more effective than the garbage bag full of straw strategy

BJ is fantastic, Croker is average.

betcats

Referee
He has been great this year not taking that off him. But overall I feel like origin is a step too far for him, he is just a good FGer, the step up in class will expose some parts of his game imo.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Even 6 months ago I would have agreed but his defense has improved out of sight as has his ability to put away his man. He isn't shy to do donkey work and is deceptively hard to tackle.

If they start off next year at the same standard they have played in 2016 it would be hard to argue against them both playing. They have been the best centres in the comp in 2016.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It's kinda annoying that for the last 15 years (even when they were complete shit) raiders fans have been screaming for half their team to be picked for nsw, and now I actually agree with them.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
It's kinda annoying that for the last 15 years (even when they were complete shit) raiders fans have been screaming for half their team to be picked for nsw, and now I actually agree with them.
Imagine of they had picked those Raiders. They might have lost 8 in a row.

Vic Mackey

Referee
BJ seems a no brainer, not picking him would be ridiculous.

Croker missing out would be more understandable. Before this year he was wildly inconsistent and had some absolute shockers in him. This has been his first full good year in first grade IMO. If he keeps this standard up for the first part of 2017 is pick him but I could cop it if they wanted him to back this season up again

1. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Leilua
5. Mansour
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Boyd
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. Merrin

Interchange

14. Austin
15. Fifita
16. Paulo
17. Graham

Fringes

Tedesco
T Trbojevic
J Trbojevic
Klemmer
J Bird
Cartwright
James
Croker

That would have a top chance of beating QLD.

But no, we'll most likely see Fingers Ferguson and Josh Bogan stinking it up again
Robbie Farah still in the #9
James Tamou there again unmeritoriously
Josh f**king Jackson

myrrh ken

First Grade
Agree with no jennings. Wouldnt even mind Bird or Croker., But you know Loz is going to chuck Duges in there because "you can't leave him out". Just as sure as he will pick Fergo over B Moz.

isaiah

Bench
ferguson and o'neill were good this morning but i dont think either make SOO one next year for their respective states.

So, do people think Peter Sterling's appointment as Laurie Daley's new adviser (in place of Bozo) will effect certain selections for NSW in 2017?

isaiah

Bench
will merrin be back in the mix after his form in the 4 nations? does it depend on form in the first month or two of the new season?