What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rein

According to Matt Elliott on the ABC this afternoon, the Tigers are favourites to get Mitch Rein.

Maybe there will be not Ballin?

BrotherJim05

Bench
I don't know why everyone hates him so much. He will fill in nicely untill Liddle is ready to take ownership of the 9 jersey

Tiger05

First Grade
Easily as good an option as the current SOO hooker. To make things even better for us because we are only paying $750k for Robbie next year if we can get Rein for say $300k we will be right on the money.

This sounds like a Sheensious decision to me.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No no no no no no no no no no no

Whhhyyyyyyyyy.

Heres an idea, sign Jack de Belin instead.

Das Gupta

Juniors
[QUOTE="Tiger05, post: 11814990, member: 39056if we can get Rein for say $300k we will be right on the money.

This sounds like a Sheensious decision to me.[/QUOTE]

300K?
Did he demand $500- 600k a season for his next contract at Saints?

Getting Rein for 120k is OK, Offering him 200k no way. Taylor ball will see the club yet again waste a bench spot by playing Rein for 60 minutes and then Liddell for 20 minutes.

Just like getting a coach for peanuts it looks like we will be approaching players who have been released by their club or at least told to look elsewhere and 15 other clubs have not returned calls to their managers.

But and there's always a but, what would they offer Idris compared to Rein? Rein plays 1st grade and Idris use to.

The silly season will really show us all where we stand money wise because of previous mismanagement and I'd say coach wise, people like Rein will come because no one else is talking to him, others will not come because of $$$'s and they would like to know who the next coach will be.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Rein will kill any progress your halves look like making.

Run first mentality and seriously sub standard passing from dummy half.

Not an NRL hooker.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Maybe I haven't watched enough Dragons games. TBH it would be awesome if Ballin came back from injury, had a decent pre-season and ripped in for 2017. He is exactly what we need. Hard nut in defence, can play 80 if needed, ton of experience, leadership quality and fits into Taylor's structure with quick service out to our playmakers.

If Ballin stays on with Tigers but only plays a handful of games due to injury I think he would take the award of all-time worst signing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think so as to settle any tension between the Dragons and Tigers over past player transfer conflicts, we should sign Rein only for the Dragons to reneg on the deal and take him back on an extended three year deal.

Then Rein bust his leg and plays about 3 games in three years.

Everyone wins really.

jadtiger

Juniors
Terrible player.If there is one thing JT has shown it is that he has no idea about hookers first "peg leg" Ballin and now Rein.I was told before Ballin even got here from people involved at manly that his legs were buggered that is why they moved him on.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So we dump Farah because his service to the halves was too slow.

And then go into talks with two hookers whose dummy half service is even slower.

Tiger05

First Grade
So we dump Farah because his service to the halves was too slow.

And then go into talks with two hookers whose dummy half service is even slower.

There was nothing wrong with Farah's service. I still don't get this whole debacle.

Latest posts