What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
New start promo for our favourite objective sports show which now features a clip of women's afl (and afl). Anyone would think the AFL invented women's sport.

Nice to see the show is as bias as ever with the host signing off that it's great to be a (western) bulldog for the next 6 days. Could have thrown in the Sharks to mate. No club in Australian sport has been on the edge of extinction any more than the Sharks who were almost punted two or three times and fought back... Except maybe the Rabbitohs who won in 2014, which reminded me that the same host said that hawthorn's 2nd premiership in a row was the sporting moment of the year in 2014 over Souths to hell and back revival after 40 odd years

mongoose

Coach
I caught the start of it and I thought they gave NRL games pretty good coverage (for offsiders). Hinds can alright at times, Whatley's pro AFL bias in appalling though.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I gave up the show about a year ago. I suggest others do the same, you won't miss it.

The occasional glimpses I get remind me why I did so. The backdrop of the MCG is a dead giveaway to their MO.

They are giving you their dirtiest browneye and laughing about it off set.

I gave up the show about a year ago. I suggest others do the same, you won't miss it.

The occasional glimpses I get remind me why I did so. The backdrop of the MCG is a dead giveaway to their MO.

They are giving you their dirtiest browneye and laughing about it off set.
I have given up on it as well.
The constant bigging up of fumbleball and how wonderful it was etc etc. Its just a fumbleball love in.

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
No recap of the sharks landmark win, unless I blinked. Unbelievable.

...too busy discussing whether the a-league has arrived. I'm sure they had the same conversation last year

and by the way would it kill them mention the start of the NBL, surely they could have given horse racing a miss for the return of the Brisbane bullets

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee

...too busy discussing whether the a-league has arrived. I'm sure they had the same conversation last year

and by the way would it kill them mention the start of the NBL, surely they could have given horse racing a miss for the return of the Brisbane bullets

Can only talk the Fifita Radrada rubbish.

taipan

Referee

I sent an email to the ABC calling it appalling, no mention was made of the Shark's G/F win.With 3.6m Tv viewers meaning interest.Last year the G/F got a couple of minutes at best.
18 minutes A League ,3 minutes horse racing, a few minutes on Kangaroo selections and why players not chosen because of behaviour.al issues
I served it up to them, stating being based in Melbourne and having AFL people on their staff,shows a bias that is obvious to viewers and any wonder rl people are watching the show in declining numbers.
To watch them wax lyrical last Sunday about the AFL G/F ,you'd swear you were in the marketing dept of AFL Central.

Of course, will not put my money getting on any response.If I was Roy Masters ,I would be telling them they can stick it up Whately's nostrils ,me coming on the show.
Maybe more emails from us taxpayers to the ABC they may, repeat may, get the message.

Whately mentioned B Bec at the end. By that stage I was ready to throw a brick through the TV

T-Boon

Coach
Rugby League needs to butter up the ABC.
Let them broadcast a game or something. Or at least ask permission of News Ltd to give them a slot or two voting for the NRL official awards - the Dally M Awards.

What other ways could they butter them up? Find out who the boss of the ABC is and get him to some games...would the NRL do that?

Big Salad

Juniors
It was certainly a disgrace last week; not even one compliment was given about the Sharks' feat. The only time it was acknowledged was in the context of Fifita being banned from the Kangaroos after playing in and winning the GF.

Dodgy

Juniors
The 18 minutes of a-league I thought was a bit much. Trying to establish how relevant it is I suppose? But it's too narrowly focused. They don't acknowledge that as a summer competition. The A-league will get its doors blown off once the BBL gets going.

I don't like horse racing. This is the time of year they waffle on about that.

Dodgy

Juniors
No league talk. Hose racing, netball, and union kept the viewers compelled!

Edit: When I think about it. It's a bit of BS motogp didn't even get acknowledged.

Canard

Immortal
I caught it today for the first time in about a year. I watched about 5mins.

They were talking about the Union test, and one of the guests stated "I never know what's going on with the Rugby ref interpretations"

You could tell she was somewhat confusing the codes, and knew very little about either of them.

axe&smash&crush

Juniors

Edit: When I think about it. It's a bit of BS motogp didn't even get acknowledged.

Horse racing first, it's a Victorian love in, they hate league. Loved how Kellay posed the question "are all blacks the greatest world sporting team?" No they are not. Not the greatest feat to be number one in the world of union, when Australia are the third ranked Union nation in the world.

The 18 minutes of a-league I thought was a bit much. Trying to establish how relevant it is I suppose? But it's too narrowly focused. They don't acknowledge that as a summer competition. The A-league will get its doors blown off once the BBL gets going.

I don't like horse racing. This is the time of year they waffle on about that.
Nothing wrong with the horses mate, but its primarily a fumbleball love in.

Be like of us and boycott it until Rugby League gets the air time it deserves for being the number one watched sport in Australia.
I caught it today for the first time in about a year. I watched about 5mins.

They were talking about the Union test, and one of the guests stated "I never know what's going on with the Rugby ref interpretations"

You could tell she was somewhat confusing the codes, and knew very little about either of them.
Mate just don't even watch it for 5 seconds its not a friend of Rugby League

Dodgy

Juniors
Err...I'm full on Melbournian. While I understand the history of the Melbourne Cup and the significance of that specific event. The interest in horse racing overall isn't genuine. While the ABC has to acknowledge some of the lesser sports. They waffle on about netball like that sport has genuine mainstream interest.

Under the circumstances. To avoid the criticism the show gets from committed league/northern states fans, like on here. The show would have to go an hour. That way, while it might not be an even allocation, there would have to be genuine RL time.

Still. The motogp is the biggest thing going round ATM, despite the championship being over as far as first place goes. The event should've had some attention.

Err...I'm full on Melbournian. While I understand the history of the Melbourne Cup and the significance of that specific event. The interest in horse racing overall isn't genuine. While the ABC has to acknowledge some of the lesser sports. They waffle on about netball like that sport has genuine mainstream interest.

Under the circumstances. To avoid the criticism the show gets from committed league/northern states fans, like on here. The show would have to go an hour. That way, while it might not be an even allocation, there would have to be genuine RL time.

Still. The motogp is the biggest thing going round ATM, despite the championship being over as far as first place goes. The event should've had some attention.
For me and others the question remains is why the show gives so much time to the afl when the afl is not the most watched sport on TV.

Latest posts