What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 GF | PREMIERS - Sharks 14-12 Storm @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Shield

Juniors
All the pressure is gunna be on the Sharks. Hopefully it'll get to them in the end. Storm to win by 10. Cameron Smith to get the Clive Churchill medal

MilkShark

First Grade
Calling all Cowboys supporters to get onboard the Sharks bandwagon like we did for you last year. Everyone deserves a first premiership.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Calling all Cowboys supporters to get onboard the Sharks bandwagon like we did for you last year. Everyone deserves a first premiership.
meh, both sides can EAD. If it was anyone but gal lifting the trophy it you do win i would probably lean towards you guys breaking your cherry

Someguy

First Grade
Close game imo might come down to who doesn't get frustrated. Storm don't chase well of late and seem to get flustered and make bad decisions when down. As for sharks they have Gallen, the type of guy that will wave his arms in the air and complain about something while an opposing play will run right by him

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Im pretty good with whoever wins. I dont like a few of the sharks (fifita mostly) but i like the sharks fans on this forum largely

if there was a vote for which teams fanbase you like the most outside of your own on lu i would vote shark fans.

The storm i actually quite like lol. Cam Smith has reached the point now where i cant help but respect him. Yeah he had two contracts, yeah he is a cheat, yeah he has spent a decade just destroying nsw but he has crossed over into the love to hate category rather than just hate.

The storm fans are starting to get a touch of the bronco fans about them where they cry because folks have legit reasons to dislike them but they are mostly ok.

So yeah i just hope its a good game. It might be nice to see gal get one back on smith so the scoreboard isnt smith 506 gal 0 at retirement.

stormbati

Bench
Just like to congratulate Sharks fans on making the GF and let's all hope for a good memorable game.
A Storm loss won't be too bad given what thwme Sharks are trying to achieve.
If Sharks ARE to win then they did so by overcoming the best team of the modern era.
My favourite matchup is the wingers battle lol. Holmes v Koroibete

moffla

Bench
Head and heart both saying we will win.

Yeah the fairy tale is there for the Sharks - but we are too well drilled in big games. Our past three have proven just that, but then again we will not have the support of the home crowd this time around.

Extremely nervous - but this reminds me of 2012 where we just went and got the job done. If things don't go our way, well Igenuinely like Gallen despite his reputation so I wouldn't feel completely disgusted seeing him hold the trophy aloft.

thorson1987

Coach
Just like to congratulate Sharks fans on making the GF and let's all hope for a good memorable game.
A Storm loss won't be too bad given what thwme Sharks are trying to achieve.
If Sharks ARE to win then they did so by overcoming the best team of the modern era.
My favourite matchup is the wingers battle lol. Holmes v Koroibete

I like the look on the other side of the field.

Vunivalu v Feki.

Complete mismatch on the high ball.

Whino

Bench
I am 50:50 at the moment on who to tip. The Sharks are playing well and are hungry for a title while the Storm are also playing professionally well and have done it all before.
Will the storm get blown off the park by the Sharks or will the Storm grind out a tough win like they have all semis. Maybe some star player will go down injured early and change the course of the match, or worse the refs or the bunker might rule a howler and ruin a good game.
So are the days and now nights of an NRL Grand Final.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
I am 50:50 at the moment on who to tip. The Sharks are playing well and are hungry for a title while the Storm are also playing professionally well and have done it all before.
Will the storm get blown off the park by the Sharks or will the Storm grind out a tough win like they have all semis. Maybe some star player will go down injured early and change the course of the match, or worse the refs or the bunker might rule a howler and ruin a good game.
So are the days and now nights of an NRL Grand Final.
thank you for that paragraph that can be summed up with, dunno.

On topic: Sharks, surely life isn't that cruel it'll deny them again, this time on their 50th... they gotta lose their v plates eventually..

rockcod

Juniors
Part of me thinks the Storm is only just hanging on, but I also feel like their attack can click into gear any minute and blow a team off the park, if either team gets a couple of tries up it could be all over.

Sharks looked OK in their last game but cows were deplorable so not sure if they are in form or not.

Massive pressure on the Sharks so I'm going to go with a few errors and Gal hogging the ball at a couple of critical points trying to win it will be enough to see the Storm home.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
This is going to turn into a spiteful match. I can foresee tempers getting the better of certain players.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Wonder how many times poor old senile Rabs will mention the meaningless storm GF appearances/"premierships" from 07/08/09? Ill say at least 4 times...before kick off