What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Glendale

Juniors
The fact Manly are interested in Bird makes me think their plan is to replace Buhrer with Bird. That says to me we get whichever one of the two isn't going to be playing at Manly next year, I don't think getting both will be an option. Of the two I'd rather have Bird, but that's only because he suits our positional needs more, being an out an out lock forward, while Buhrer is better as an edge forward and I'm happy with having Barnett and Sione there next year. You aren't gonna get too many better players then Buhrer for under 300k though, gets a bad wrap cause he got picked for the Blues once but he's a very underrated player.

Noname36

First Grade
Vaughns already on 500k+ now so I always figured he'd be out of our price range anyway while we need to make a lot of new signings.

+ accounting for the fact that he's got BJ and Tapine around no doubt feeding him shit about the club and he was never gonna be a realistic target.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
I was originally very against Bird but now he's the target I'm most hoping we land. Not just because we desperately need an experienced player now that Jez has retired but he offers a bit of an extra playmaking option which we also desperately need with Hodkinson (lol) and rookies halves (assuming Mullen will be mostly injured all year).

Spot On

Coach
Bird would be a no-brainer at the right price IF the club doesn't have to deal with off field crap every time he has a beer.

I can't see anything changing.

So, do you sacrifice all that your are trying to build at the club to get him??

I say no.

Cordner's name is being floated around again. Very unlikely given his contract.
Imagine this:
The Knights team that wasn’t:1. Latrell Mitchell, 2. Nathan Ross, 3. Dane Gagai, 4. Kerrod Holland, 5. Anthony Don, 6. Jarrod Mullen, 7. Trent Hodkinson, 8. Aiden Tolman, 9. Mick Ennis, 10. Korbin Sims, 11. Boyd Cordner, 12. Josh Jackson, 13. Greg Bird. Interchange: 14. Daniel Saifiti, 15. Sione Mata’utia, 16. Jeremy Smith, 17. Jacob Saifiti.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/9589af758617f95c7264d31d8e324961

I'd still fair dinkum go for Cordner, Bird and Ennis (if he puts his boots on for another year).

Still Nutty

Juniors
Vaughns already on 500k+ now so I always figured he'd be out of our price range anyway while we need to make a lot of new signings.

+ accounting for the fact that he's got BJ and Tapine around no doubt feeding him shit about the club and he was never gonna be a realistic target.

This was my big negative on getting him here too...neither would be wrapping the Knights I would suspect

Alex28

Coach
Cordner's name is being floated around again. Very unlikely given his contract.
Imagine this:
The Knights team that wasn’t:1. Latrell Mitchell, 2. Nathan Ross, 3. Dane Gagai, 4. Kerrod Holland, 5. Anthony Don, 6. Jarrod Mullen, 7. Trent Hodkinson, 8. Aiden Tolman, 9. Mick Ennis, 10. Korbin Sims, 11. Boyd Cordner, 12. Josh Jackson, 13. Greg Bird. Interchange: 14. Daniel Saifiti, 15. Sione Mata’utia, 16. Jeremy Smith, 17. Jacob Saifiti.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/9589af758617f95c7264d31d8e324961

I'd still fair dinkum go for Cordner, Bird and Ennis (if he puts his boots on for another year).
That team would never fit under any salary cap. It's a shit article.

Vaughn on $500K a year? Bullshit.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
isn't one of those big Sharks forwards still off contract? It's either Bukuya or Tagatese I think. Getting one of those guys would be a good addition to our forward pack.

Also it's a bit odd that we aren't looking to the super league for a front rower or two. We wouldn't have to pay overs and in the last decade or so a lot of the English forwards who have come out here have turned out to be pretty good. You would think that there would be a couple of big units who would want to come here and make a name for themselves.