What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
I consider Semi as the best winger I have seen Eric Grothe Senior. I would offer him $600K which will dwarf the Broncos offer. Cannot see Arthur letting him go.

I still reckon we may get Hunt without sacrificing Semi especially if the Broncos snare Elgey.
Why are all the Titan players leaving?

eels_fan

First Grade
I too would wait for end of 2017 and try and snare one of the big ones off contract.

Whilst there is a large number of quality halves off contract at the end of 2017, I'd confidently say 90% of those will have their futures locked in well before Round 1 2017. Waiting to see what happens during next season will see us miss the boat on any quality half

yy_cheng

Coach
Whilst there is a large number of quality halves off contract at the end of 2017, I'd confidently say 90% of those will have their futures locked in well before Round 1 2017. Waiting to see what happens during next season will see us miss the boat on any quality half

You have Hunt, Milf, Bird, Shaun Johnson, Johnathan Thurston, Adam Reynolds, Widdop, Mitchell Pearce, Brooks, Moses

Besides, Hunt, you could probably tempt Widdop, Bird, Reynolds, Brooks and Moses to leave with a big offer.

I'd prefer Widdop, Bird, Reynolds to partner Corey
then Hunt, Brooks, Moses

yy_cheng

Coach
If we still have 2017 cap space, then use that to tempt Semi to a longer upgraded contract.

Can you still front load?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our Spine is probably the cheapest in the comp at this point in time

1. Bevo ($80k)
6. Gutho ($125k)
7. Norman ($800k)
9. IDG ($250k)

My guess as to what they are on are in brackets. So a $1.255M spine.
My guess is French and Gutherson would be on double those values next year. De Gois would be on half your assessed value in 2017. Norman looks right to me.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I dunno if it's just me, but I reckon just maybe we are signing up outside backs because we are short on outside backs.

We still need to fill fullback and one of our halves, which means even if we sign an established player to one of those positions we still need either Gutho or French to fill the other. Either way that leaves us one or two short on last year's squad, which wasn't exactly overcrowded with depth in the centres or wings.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Convicted, done his time, reformed.

(See Ma'u and Wicks for examples of no-drama post-felony employees.)
So as long as it didn't happen in the last 12 months it's all good???

With Jarryd gone Bart has found his new punching bag, maybe he had a bad experience in Fiji????

If we still have 2017 cap space, then use that to tempt Semi to a longer upgraded contract.

Can you still front load?

Yes, but subject to 'reasonableness' limits. So you can't go $1m/$200k/$200k, but you'd likely be allowed 600/400/400. The trick is what the player is paid in their lowest-salary years......is it credible?

Gronk

Staff member
EEL TO EXTEND STAY

Parramatta are set to continue their impressive run of re-signings by adding blockbusting backrower Manu Ma’u to the list.

Foxsports.com.au can reveal Ma’u has agreed to a contract extension which will keep him in the blue and gold until at least the end of 2019.

Already contracted for 2017, the Eels moved fast to lock him up for another two seasons with his form so impressive that rivals would have swooped had he hit the open market in November.

Ma’u’s extension caps off an impressive recruitment and retention drive from the club.

They’ve signed Titans back Josh Hoffman on a three year deal, Nathan Brown for two seasons and George Jennings for one.

They’ve also extended the deals of Brad Takairangi and Corey Norman recently

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...p/news-story/d7f3def1d7ecf9f1134006fad561a644

Gronk

Staff member
Semi, Gutho & Tepai to go.

Each of these merkins are only signed for 2017. Rival clubs can approach them in 4 weeks time.

Happy MEel

First Grade
If the Broncos are willing to part with Hunt now, it would seem he is not in their long term plans so it is entirely likely he will still be available from 2018 onwards. I'd rather focus on locking semi up (pardon the pun) with an extension and see how Guth and Norman go as a halves pairing before deciding on whether we go all out for another half in 2018.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Semi, Gutho & Tepai to go.

Each of these merkins are only signed for 2017. Rival clubs can approach them in 4 weeks time.
Awesome news on Mau, keep the 3 you have mentioned long term and we have the core of a very good side for years to come.

hindy111

Post Whore
Au'avu is a strong fast hard running centre.A bit of a Hurrell / Lailaua type with better foot work.Not quite as much power.
I actually rate him. Has loads of potential.Like stagger said could be hit and miss but more potential then young jennings who if fit could also be a first grader.
I like these type of signings.Bar the troubled past they have upside

Stagger eel

Staff member
Au'avu is a strong fast hard running centre.A bit of a Hurrell / Lailaua type with better foot work.Not quite as much power.
I actually rate him. Has loads of potential.Like stagger said could be hit and miss but more potential then young jennings who if fit could also be a first grader.
I like these type of signings.Bar the troubled past they have upside

Serious?? ... I actually don't rate him, from what I've seen he's a bit of a slug

hybrideel

Bench
Not overly happy with that signing if true. Was given leniency in his suspension starting after the 2014 GF so he got the experience of winning a premiership that he didn't deserve. He then appealed the severity of his suspension for beating the crap out of his ex. On top of that there is the 2 strikes he already has against him in the drugs policy.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...omestic-violence-penalty-20150306-13xs75.html

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/3aa3fb68d58b91698955ca830ef8696e

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...rls-illicit-drugs-policy-20160705-gpzfc8.html

Gronk

Staff member
IIRC Russell Packer was playing for the Cutters whilst awaiting clearance from the NRL ?

So from my POV Auvaa can just stay put at Wenty, undertake drug (and DV although the NRL have already cleared him to resume playing on that issue) counselling and maybe he might receive the green light or not.

Latest posts