What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Roosters chatter

Lambretta

First Grade
The whole NRL scheduling this season has been absolutely dreadful and spreading games over 5 times in god awful time slots hasn't helped

I bought a season ticket for the SFS this year and of the 10 games played there, so far I've been to 4
I might not be able to make the Sunday afternoon game this week, making my attendance (of which I've wanted to go to every game) the lowest in the last 7 seasons. I normally miss two home games

I went to Canberra away and Gosford, which wasn't included in the season ticket for a total of six games (plus a Dogs game at ANZ) but the scheduling has played it's part

I can't make a Thursday night game - I have to be in Hornsby on a Thursday. It's not optional. I can't go
There goes two home games

We had no Friday night games all season. I can make every Friday night game without problem. So of course, none scheduled

We had three Saturday night games - I went to them all.

Sunday games - we've had three at the SFS and I've missed them all. Day games are really hard for me to get to as I have a family and NONE of them like Rugby League in the slightest. Therefore if we have commitments I can't go to the football.

Monday games - we had two and I went to one because I was desperate.

If the Roosters keep scheduling the Sunday afternoon games I will have to give up my season ticket.

You do know the NRL schedule the games Lambretta? Yes the clubs get asked their preference but they get what the NRL gives them.

For those unaware, our Toyota Cup team thumped the Raiders 48-0 in their elimination semi-final in Canberra.

They live to fight on in week 2 when they face the Cronulla Sharks (who lost to Penrith 28-6). This game will again be played at GIO Stadium in Canberra on Saturday kicking off at 6.00 pm (AEST).

Regrettably, the Wyong Roos are out of the NSW Intrust Cup after going down 26-16 to the Wests Tigers in the 2nd week of the NSWRL finals series.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
I also watched the 20s and we obviously had a lot of good performers in a 48-0 performance but watching Joey Manu was like watching men against boys, he was far superior to anyone else on the field.

I reckon they will do the sharks this week and we are on the right side of the draw as the dragons are a much preferable opponent to the panthers.

The commentators said that we have made the finals 7 years in a row in that comp which is a great effort. it would be nice to win one although I can't see penrth losing.

I also watched the 20s and we obviously had a lot of good performers in a 48-0 performance but watching Joey Manu was like watching men against boys, he was far superior to anyone else on the field.

I reckon they will do the sharks this week and we are on the right side of the draw as the dragons are a much preferable opponent to the panthers.

The commentators said that we have made the finals 7 years in a row in that comp which is a great effort. it would be nice to win one although I can't see penrth losing.

The U/20s had been ensconced in the top 4, of not the top 2, until the last 2 weeks of the regular season. It was losing the matches in the last few wees which dropped them down to 5th which is the sad part.

I agree the 0 against was the most surprising thing considering what defence is like in most Holden Cup games.

In that comp though Penrith are gonna be very hard to beat.

Hard fought win by the U/20s on Saturday, beating the Cronulla Sharks 28-18. They are still alive and play the Dragons in the 2nd GF Qualifier at Allianz Stadium which kicks-off at 5.15 pm this Friday.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
I've been enjoying the 20's will definitely be watching this weekend... in slightly related news RTS's brother really is a poorer, younger, fatter, slower substitute.... couldn't we have sent him and his dad back as well if Rodger really was that home sick..

I've been enjoying the 20's will definitely be watching this weekend... in slightly related news RTS's brother really is a poorer, younger, fatter, slower substitute.... couldn't we have sent him and his dad back as well if Rodger really was that home sick..

So JTS is slow and fat huh"? What does that make of the Dragons Holden Cup wingers who he streaked past in his 60 metre run to score the try that saw the team reach the Holden Cup Grand Final? It also shows you have not watched him play that much if you think him fat or slow.

An interesting little piece of new (if true) dropped on the weekend. In the Sunday Telegraph, Phil Rothfield wrote that both Connor Watson and Latrell Mitchell were offered to the Bulldogs but their (now ex) Recruitmnent Manager turned them down as he didn't think they wold be good enough, hence both players then went and signed with the Roosters.

Connor Watson and Joseph Manu are the future of the Roosters. Joey Manu should be in the team ahead of Slowcoach Tupou or Dropsie SKD..

Lambretta

First Grade
Connor Watson signing is a good thing for us

Not sure where he'll play with Keary and Pearce in the halves
Will he be a genuine bench player or just a back up in case of injuries?