What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

OVP

Coach
Been watching Penny Dreadful. The first season was great, i love the way they intertwined Bram Stoker's Dracula and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein with a bit of Jack the Ripper and even Dorian Gray. It's like a high quality Hammer House of Horror series. Dracula is a total badass with absolutely no human characteristics at all, so its a different take on him compared to the book. Love it.

OVP

Coach
hmmm looks interesting

You should check out the 1973 movie they made of Westworld, starring Yul Brynner as the Gunslinger. One of the better old sci fi movies. It's probably a bit dated now, but it was a fun watch as a kid.

alien

Referee
You should check out the 1973 movie they made of Westworld, starring Yul Brynner as the Gunslinger. One of the better old sci fi movies. It's probably a bit dated now, but it was a fun watch as a kid.

ok i'll check it out

OVP

Coach
Well I just finished all three seasons of Penny Dreadful. I've never felt so gutted that a series has ended this much before, they could have easily done another one as Dr Jekyll was just introduced, but not Mr Hyde. Sublime acting all the way through, but what else do you expect from quality British TV ? Eva Green is a fantastic actress, and all the others were brilliant as well especially Timothy Dalton. Highly recommend ... 9/10.

Last edited:

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I'm sure I saw Westworld at the cinema during the school holidays as a kid too. The thing I remember about Yul Brynner was his anti smoking ad on TV during the early 1980s.

The catchphrase was "Whatever you do - don't smoke..."

Stewbum

Juniors
Watched the first 5 minutes of 'The Bridge' last night. Don't put yourself through it.

What is with these annoying, mentally ill, wooden female actors in B-grade tv these days?

TiggaPlease

Watched the first 5 minutes of 'The Bridge' last night. Don't put yourself through it.

What is with these annoying, mentally ill, wooden female actors in B-grade tv these days?

Which version? The original Danish/Swedish version is excellent viewing

azzah72

Bench
For a weird watch that I ended up loving was an exclusive on Netflix.

Dirk Gently's holistic detective agency.

Completely bonkers in a good way.