What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's how you can help the club...

John moz

Juniors
Why become a long term member when on game day they dont even give you discount on drinks i prefer to go straight to the game and purchase drinks and receive a discount with my red v membership .The leagues club dont support the football club like they did years ago so why should we support the them thats why there is the red v membership team all funds go to the team. The leagues is only good for parking on game day .

saintphil

Juniors
If all the dragons supporters who want to see major changes at st george illawarra football club actually joined the leagues club and obtained voting rights they could make significant changes to the hierarchy IE Peter Doust
he is on the board of the leagues club as director of the football club and it would not be that hard to vote him out given the amount of people who don't want him . Pay your club membership and actually do some good for the dragons instead of all the flags to oust Doust and the whining,$65 dollar fee from a couple of thousand concerned fans and he's gone

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Why become a long term member when on game day they dont even give you discount on drinks i prefer to go straight to the game and purchase drinks and receive a discount with my red v membership .The leagues club dont support the football club like they did years ago so why should we support the them thats why there is the red v membership team all funds go to the team. The leagues is only good for parking on game day .
If you become a Leagues Club voting member you have the opportunity to make a difference should there ever be movement against the Club board at this very important local level.

John moz

Juniors
Maybe someone needs to walk up to doust with a sharks jersey so he can repeat what the ceo for sharks did years ago at the Chinese restaurant at sharks leagues when he cut the jersey of dragon supporter . That would be 1 way for him to be removed from the board at the club.

Dakink

Bench
Bump

Despite being a long road, this to me is more relevant now than it ever has been. We need to attack this problem from every direction.

Getting more voting members legal will not be a short fix, but will ensure more equality in the long run. The problem needs to be attacked from both a football and leagues club angle

Do we know of the rules and regs remain the same?

duck

Juniors
If we could get 10,000 to join the St George Leagues Club instead of trying to get 10,000 people to cough up $1075 ... that would be a good idea.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bump

Despite being a long road, this to me is more relevant now than it ever has been. We need to attack this problem from every direction.

Getting more voting members legal will not be a short fix, but will ensure more equality in the long run. The problem needs to be attacked from both a football and leagues club angle

Do we know of the rules and regs remain the same?
Any St George Leagues Club member can ask for a copy of the Constitution and details of the AGM. Last year I sent an email to Michael Derrig at club@stgeorge.org.au

In that email I asked the following:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

I have been advised that there will be an AGM on Sunday March 29th at St George Leagues Club. I am hoping to attend but require some clarification.

Please confirm the following:

• The above date is correct.
  • Time when the meeting will be held.
  • That attendance and voting is permissible for all current full members.
  • Please provide the Agenda and expected motions scheduled for the meeting.
Many thanks in advance.

For further queries, please do not hesitate to make contact.

Kind regards,
XXXX
St George Leagues Club Member No. XXXX
I received the following reply with a copy of the Constition and the following advice on the AGM:
Thank you for your enquiry.

The AGM will be held this Sunday at 10.00 am.

It is open to all full members of 3 or more years continuous membership. (see attached section of the constitution)

There have been no notices of motion received.

Now I stress that this was in 2015 so an update is in order. I suspect the next AGM will be around the same time, ie March 2017. For those that have voting rights, you will be allowed to attend the AGM at the Club. Obviously any notices of motion need to be sent in advance, so it might be an idea to talk about it now rather than later.

getsmarty

Immortal
A small difference, yes. You can now vote.

You can also go to the AGM now. You should. It's good for a laugh (the shit on the Agenda is pathetic). You'll see what f**ken idiots these f**ken idiots are.

Yep...and nothing will change because it hasn't for the last 20 years...........take the Bennett Years out of the equation and we are now the joke of the League........LOL @ Saints.....

Thanks board..........I even have people coming up to me at work and they don't even bother with the Banter...they actually feel sorry for us as a club because even Opposition fans can see how badly the club is run.

Life's Good

Coach
A thread from 2014 that is just as relevant now as it was then.
Amazing to think we have wallowed in this obscurity for so long yet the power brokers, old & new, can’t see a problem.
What makes it worse is other teams fan feeling sorry for us, even pity.
I’d rather them hate us for having unbridled success.

This Year?

Immortal
Amazing to think we have wallowed in this obscurity for so long yet the power brokers, old & new, can’t see a problem.
And yet the media dismiss our anger, disappointment and complaints as being whingers or keyboard warriors. The media have such a short memory...but we don't.

Life's Good

Coach
And yet the media dismiss our anger, disappointment and complaints as being whingers or keyboard warriors. The media have such a short memory...but we don't.
The media simply refuse to scrutinise the club. They’ll apply the blowtorch to the Titans, Parra, Penrith. Even Brisbane have been hammered yet we’re merely the punchline in a joke not worth telling.

getsmarty

Immortal

I had Souths fans..( believe it or not, nice educated people ) feeling sorry about our predicament....

Even said I hope your guys put up a good fight....

Gardenia

Juniors
This year we've seen a few concerns about how the club is travelling financially. We can buy merchandise, become a Red V member, go to games... all good ways to support the club and the team.

BUT, the easiest way to help the club is to become a Leagues Club member. By joining St George Leagues Club you will be doing your bit. Plus, your St George Leagues Club membership does entitle you to vote at Club meetings (Red V membership does not give you this).

For those who say they don't go to the Club enough, think of this... it is the St George Leagues Club that provides a grant to the Dragons Football Club, ie the team. Sadly, this Football Club grant has been slowly eroded away in recent years because of financial issues within the Leagues Club - increasing the Leagues Club membership can only be a good thing.

It's easy to join or renew:

Go to http://www.stgeorgeleagues.com.au/images/MembershipApplication13.pdf

Print it out and mail it, or scan it and email it. Return details are on the form. Once it's done, your membership card will be mailed out to you.

IMPORTANT:
Choose the 'Full 5 years $65' membership. It must be full membership if you want full rights. I know $65 can be a lot of money when things are tight, but in reality it is a once in 5-year expense and cheaper than signing up every year.

StGLC-membership_600x315.jpg

EDIT: IF YOU ARE APPLYING ONLINE OR BY MAIL, SCAN YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE AND INCLUDE THIS WITH THE APPLICATION. THE CLUB NOW WANTS PHOTO ID.

If there are any questions, ask away in this thread. PM me if you're really stuck.

Cheers.

Link isnt working and I cant find an application on their website? Im happy to join but I dont live near the club anymore

Latest posts