What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

Foz

Bench
Well it's not like it's never happened before.(in relation to the defence)
Should've put a few more away though.
We still give sides a glimmer of hope but as you said 3 points is all that matters.

Foz, WBA are a team that usually play very compact and are tough to break down and score on. Hence getting to 2-0 was very well done as both were very good goals.

cb4

First Grade
Foster had a great game in goals and West Brom actually did well to stem the bleeding.
We were all over them but in true Liverpool style, we invited the opposition back in.

I am getting sick of conceding a goal with the first shot on target.

All in all I thought we were solid without being spectacular. We did what we had to do against a team that has no creativity and goes on the road to be boring.

saint.nick

Coach
Foster had a great game in goals and West Brom actually did well to stem the bleeding.
We were all over them but in true Liverpool style, we invited the opposition back in.

I am getting sick of conceding a goal with the first shot on target.

All in all I thought we were solid without being spectacular. We did what we had to do against a team that has no creativity and goes on the road to be boring.
I think we were better than solid but not spectacular. We created a lot of chances against a team who came to park the bus, so you're doing well when you can score 2 goals and create loads of other chances.

That goal conceded in isolation was a lot of bad luck, but in the context of all the goals conceded at set pieces, it is frustrating. Firmino wins the header but it just flukily ricochets for the Baggies player. Don't get me wrong, the marking was bad too because we all went for the same ball, freeing the guy up for if the ball came to him.

cb4

First Grade
I think we were better than solid but not spectacular. We created a lot of chances against a team who came to park the bus, so you're doing well when you can score 2 goals and create loads of other chances.

I don't. Difference of opinion.

That goal conceded in isolation was a lot of bad luck, but in the context of all the goals conceded at set pieces, it is frustrating. Firmino wins the header but it just flukily ricochets for the Baggies player. Don't get me wrong, the marking was bad too because we all went for the same ball, freeing the guy up for if the ball came to him.

It was unlucky, yes, but it is a re-occurring theme. Get a corner or a free kick and chances are you score against us.

Tottenham tomorrow. Hopefully we play a full strength team and twat these f**kers.

saint.nick

Coach
I don't. Difference of opinion.

It was unlucky, yes, but it is a re-occurring theme. Get a corner or a free kick and chances are you score against us.

Tottenham tomorrow. Hopefully we play a full strength team and twat these f**kers.
You've been acting a little defensive lately! If that's your opinion then I don't mind.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Our team will be mostly second XI players, big week last week with Leverkusen away and it showed with our result on the weekend, accoding to what has been confirmed it will be mostly the players who played against Gillingham in the last round

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
lol, we are tied for first and had a million chances against WBA. We're doing fine. Could win the title with a negative net spend, that would be f**king hilarious.

Our team will be mostly second XI players, big week last week with Leverkusen away and it showed with our result on the weekend, accoding to what has been confirmed it will be mostly the players who played against Gillingham in the last round

yeah i think we'll have at least 5 youngsters/fringe players in our side

ejaria
alexander arnold
grujic
woodburn
Ings
Origi

then probably a few on the bench

I kinda enjoy watching kids vs kids tho, it's generally a bit more exciting because they're full of enthusiasm.

saint.nick

Coach
lol, we are tied for first and had a million chances against WBA. We're doing fine. Could win the title with a negative net spend, that would be f**king hilarious.

yeah i think we'll have at least 5 youngsters/fringe players in our side

ejaria
alexander arnold
grujic
woodburn
Ings
Origi

then probably a few on the bench

I kinda enjoy watching kids vs kids tho, it's generally a bit more exciting because they're full of enthusiasm.
They didn't disappoint because it was exciting. Liverpool comprehensively outplayed them, but f*** me that was a stupid penalty from Lucas. Lamela probably dived, but there's no need to hack at him like a blunt saw blade. Lamela was surrounded by red shirts and wasn't presenting a huge threat to goal, so to hack at him like that was bloody idiotic, it just gives him an excuse to go down.

cb4

First Grade
Love how Spuds fans are carrying on about their team being reserves when we rolled out our reserve team and beat them.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Studge isn't a reserve player but Ejaria, Alexander-Arnold, Stewart, Ings, Grujic, Origi, Lucas, Moreno, Klavan and Mignolet certainly are.

Most turn out for our under 23's who have been playing very well for us. Both sides ran out the reserves and better kids which made the game quite entertaining to watch.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh, I get that you guys played alot of juniors and some quiet talented and I enjoy watching new players.

We had no first 11 players in our starting line up and it wasn't until Lamela and Wanyama came on with about 15 mins to go that we had any. If you dont give these kids a run in a game at a decent level you'll never find out how good they are, but we had to rotate the full team as we have a very busy schedule atm with some tough away games in the PL and UCL.

Spurs just dont have the depth to do that and compete at a high level atm with our second XI.

cb4

First Grade
Sturridge is a reserve player at Liverpool. Not our problem your back up striker is a lump of shit from Holland whilst ours is actually decent.
None of the guys who started against you will start on the weekend.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
who cares both teams played weakened sides indicating neither took this as a huge priority

palace at the weekend. how much for benteke to score against us?