What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

DiegoNT

First Grade
Just heard we may sign former Rooster and Panther Anthony Cherrington. I think he mainly played backrow but was capable in tje front row.

Twenty eight years old but plagued with injuries not to mention he had a troubled off field incident with domestic violence. Not the best look but whats in the past is in the past.
What kind of player did you guys expect. With limited cap space and at this stage of the year you can't really expect much. It was always going to be either a playing struggling for first grade, someone returning from esl, someone struggling with injuries or someone who has had off field problems

alien

Referee
Interesting. He has been playing for Redcliffe Dolphins in the QLD Cup for the last 2 seasons.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ben Lowe and Pat Richards now our assistant coaches.

Ryan Carr now NYC coach.

Thoughts alien, Southsport, Newc, SOUTHS til I die?????

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Ben Lowe and Pat Richards now our assistant coaches.

Ryan Carr now NYC coach.

Thoughts alien, Southsport, Newc, SOUTHS til I die?????

Great news. I'm quite shocked at Richards but he was a great kicker so only positive things can come from that. I really think richo is driving this club into a fantastic direction. Everyday I'm worrying less about our future.

alien

Referee
Cherrington looks classy----in the lower grade ie.----he has always been fairly highly-rated but his career has been decimated by injury & misbehaviour!! He'd probably be worth a punt!!??

probably worth the risk if he wouldn't be on much coin

rabbitohs95

Bench
Cherrington looks classy----in the lower grade ie.----he has always been fairly highly-rated but his career has been decimated by injury & misbehaviour!! He'd probably be worth a punt!!??
Worth the punt imo, we need depth and there isn't much on the market.

Looks more of a backrower to me though, who's gonna fill in that sixth prop slot?

rabbitohs95

Bench
Oh wow.

Hmmmmmm.....

Will it be a yes yes yes yes yes????

Or a......

No no no no no???????
Might just be a meh as well, hell he might not even play with our depth if we get lucky. Got about 30 blokes or so and now a majority have some first grade experience (as opposed to last season when a good chunk didn't). We'll just have to see.

doyen

Bench
Might just be a meh as well, hell he might not even play with our depth if we get lucky. Got about 30 blokes or so and now a majority have some first grade experience (as opposed to last season when a good chunk didn't). We'll just have to see.

Cherrington has plenty of skill & is not just a meat-headed ramrod.

He was compared to SBWs early & certainly looked the goods. He missed 2 full seasons for knee constructions on both knees. These injury woes backed up by his suss behaviour ruined[up until now] a very promising career!!
Maybe it's too late for him but then again he could prove a revelation;ala Cody!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rochow or Cherrington.

We don't need both to be second rowers when we already have Sutton, Crichton, Turner, Fuimaono, Gosiewski.
Geez we've got some young second rowers there when you think about it. Some very good potential.

Alien it's about time Turner really stood up imo instead of just going through the motions.

Remember young Cam Murray is coming through and could play first grade in a couple of years.

southsport

First Grade
Geez we've got some young second rowers there when you think about it. Some very good potential.

Alien it's about time Turner really stood up imo instead of just going through the motions.

Remember young Cam Murray is coming through and could play first grade in a couple of years.

I thought Turner looked quite good towards the end of the season.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I reckon Turner will have a breakout year in 2017. Looked much more confident at the end of last season. Hopefully that continues in 2017.

Latest posts