What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs England.

Rich102

Staff member
I don't think this is going to be as easy as some predict.
Certainly against Australia the Kiwi's didn't look to be on song.
No teams named yet - seems strange, I don't think Kidwell will be able to make many/any changes.
Plus no one knows our strengths and weaknesses better than Benett,
Any score predictions?

ozbash

Referee
Reckon whoever wins this (us I hope) will take the trophy..

Don't rate aussie.. at all.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Easy - if our forwards don't turn up we'll lose. Australia's pack wasn't great. A team with Burgess, Burgess, Burgess, Hodgins, Graham, and that guy who replaced Fensom is a pretty good awesome pack.

England to beat us
Kiwis to beat Australia
England to beat Australia
Final - Kiwis to beat England.

Bet your bottom dollar on it

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I'm looking forward to seeing Farrell. I don't know if I coincidently seem to catch him when he's playing well but the little Super League I do watch, he's always a stand out.

New team for Bennett, short time together, I'm picking him to incorporate simple structures. Bennett definitely knows our team but more importantly brings that knowledge of all things NRL and I don't think they quite had that with the former coach, who was good by the way as England's been improving over the last couple of years.

Because we've come off a loss and have a game in hand, I like to think we're better prepared going into this game. Especially if the game hangs in the balance, from the loss to the Roos we should have built some fortitude. However, I'm going to go for a convincing win. Actually I DARE to bet on a easy win for us. So many things pointing at a tough game and a loss for us. Let's go Kiwis!

Cold Roses

Juniors
SKD has never let the Kiwis down.

Perth means nothing.

SKD has improved massively the last 3 years. And you're right, he alway performs better for the Kiwis. Perth was hopefully just a one off.

Nothing less than 100 metres each for the starting forwards with Bromwich and Taumalolo topping 150. If JWH wants another go against Australia he needs to be up there as well.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
team has been named

same 17 as against kangaroos

so that mean SKD and JWH still in there

Yeah im happy for SKD to be there, he's a tryer and as dumb as it kinda sounds, all of his was positive mistakes. Trying to do as much as he could for the team. Whilst frustrating as they are, I can kinda accept that.

What I don't accept is when players like JWH only has 4 hit ups in a match. That comes down to his effort and not putting himself in the posistion to receive the ball. Way more inexcusable imo.
But in saying that, who, out of the forwards weren't guilty of that against Australia?

Bromwich and Taumalolo to get over 200m, JWH with 150 to show he's commited to the cause.

Feel sorry for Beastwood....has never let us down in the black jersey, I enjoy the way he plays

If we play anything like we did against Aussie we are gone.
Not sure how much direction will have been formed in the last 2 weeks? SJ hasn't really been offering much all year. Unless it's his one off brilliance stuff.
I was hoping at least the Poms beat the Aussies.

JJ

Immortal
Pretty amusing that everyone's writing off Australia

I expect us to improve, but I expect them and the Poms to improve game by game too - our backline is pretty tragic imo - forward battle against the Poms, but to me unless our pack monsters Aust (which I doubt will happen) we just can't beat them

But then I am a skeptic

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
If we play anything like we did against Aussie we are gone.
Not sure how much direction will have been formed in the last 2 weeks? SJ hasn't really been offering much all year. Unless it's his one off brilliance stuff.
I was hoping at least the Poms beat the Aussies.
I disagree re SJ. I think this year he's been unable to rely on his flashes of brilliance as much, so he developed a much better kicking game than what we're used to from him. He looked good with the combinations he was creating with Ayshford, Thompson, Bunty and Fus.
When our forwards were going forward he was looking good. It's just that that hasn't happened much all year.
If his kicking game stays as strong as it was this year (or better yet, develops more), add in a forward pack that turns up, and a good half like Foran, we should go awesome next year.
If he took the line on even more....he could have a pretty huge 3 or 4 years