What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v South Africa at Perth on Nov 3-7, 2016

Incorrect

Coach
I reckon Rod Marsh, knowing that he's about to step down from the selection panel, just decided to f**k with everyone and when reading out the team, even though it said Jackson Bird on the piece of paper in front him, said "Joe Mennie".... LOL!

Probably then went back to his desk, gathered all his shit and walked out with "Thunderstruck" playing in the background like the dude on that superannuation ad!!

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Needs more Marsh

Who's this Mennie fella?!?!

Will the deck be like the one against NZ, or a real WACA deck?

Hutty1986

Immortal
lol, Mennie

lol, Marshx2.

No Bird.

Unless Smithy and Warner score 300+ runs each, SA might just towel us up 3-0. Starc's fitness will be crucial too, we honestly need to roll these blokes for sub 300 scores every time they go to bat to have any hope.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon Rod Marsh, knowing that he's about to step down from the selection panel, just decided to f**k with everyone and when reading out the team, even though it said Jackson Bird on the piece of paper in front him, said "Joe Mennie".... LOL!

Probably then went back to his desk, gathered all his shit and walked out with "Thunderstruck" playing in the background like the dude on that superannuation ad!!
LOL i just pictured this ad, hilarious.

Tommy Smith

Referee
This might be the worst Aussie test squad for 30 years. All that's missing is the Big Show.

Marsh lol
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Voges
Marsh lol
Nevill Longbottom
Starc
Siddle lol
Lyon lol
Mennie who?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly, if they're picking Mennie for his batting it speaks volumes about their lack of confidence in brothers Darsh.
Well why they keep picking a liability at 6 the side will continue to struggle and the tail will continue to make a dinosaur blush.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I thought they'd go Hastings but they've out done themselves with Mennie.

The Marsh brothers were always going to get selected, Swampy has obviously got photos of the selection panel and barnyard animals somewhere.

steggz

Juniors
Mennie did take 51 wickets in the Shield last season. Nothing to sneeze at.

Is he going to be better than Bird (if he plays)? Don't think so. Then again, I think that Siddle's ability to play the run restricting role will probably get him the gig

chigurh

Mennie did take 51 wickets in the Shield last season. Nothing to sneeze at.

Is he going to be better than Bird (if he plays)? Don't think so. Then again, I think that Siddle's ability to play the run restricting role will probably get him the gig

The reasoning behind picking him is really stupid but yeah, I'd prefer they play Mennie over Siddle. At least Mennie could do something, whereas Siddle almost certainly won't.

JJ

Immortal
Haha the 6 and 7 can't hit the thing off the square, but they're worried about the batting ability of the No.11.
WTF, the #6 has levers toys and no ground is big enough to contain him, what the f**k have you been watching?!?!?

LOL

Iafeta

Referee
Rod Marsh. Bravo. Using your thinking Australia probably should have played Paul Wilson and Gavin Robertson ahead of McGrath and Warne.

I have heard a rumour that Alex Doolan was desperately close to earning a recall. Not sure if it was for Darsh or with his superior batting record if it was for Starc.

JJ

Immortal
Its a deep dark time in Australian cricket when Tommy and JJ can bag us and are actually right about everything
You'll still be hard to beat at home, dunno much about the new fella but Starc and Hazelwood are all quality, flat decks will ruin them but they make Warner, Marsh, Smith, Khawaja and Voges look awesome LOL

Hopefully the decks are fast and bouncy?

Mitch Marsh is just such a poor bat - he makes Corey Anderson and Mitch Santner look like test bats - if only Neesham could bowl as well as Mitch Marsh

billygilmore

Juniors
Why is Australia so desperate for an all rounder, for the last 10 yrs we have been completely wasting a position on our team. We used to use the 6 position to blood our best young batsman coming through and between the top 6 they would cobble through enough overs to take a bit of pressure of the bowlers, MMarsh is not one of our top 6 batsman and isn't good enough to be a frontline bowler so shouldn't be in the team.

Timbo

Staff member
I'm just seriously confused. We pick Mitch Marsh ahead of Henriques because he's a better bowler, and Mennie ahead of Bird for his batting.

On what f**king planet do you pick a #6 for his bowling and a #10 for his batting?