What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

League guru

Juniors
You would imagine that Bennett has signed Benji as a back up for the halves and centres during Origin and through injuries. Remember Alex Glenn had to fill in at centre quite a few times during the last season. Hard to see Benji getting a game otherwise.

He has never played centre before and his defence is dodgy. Plus they have just signed 2 monster centres in Moga and Pangai. Hard to see him signing just to play Intrust Cup. I am sure he would have got a gig in Sydney for the same supposed 100k sign on.

Danoz Direct

Juniors
Media's reporting twice that and given the NRL have intervened when similar players were being offered deals of less than 120K a year I'm inclined to believe his salary would be closer to the 200K than to 100K. Even allowing for media sensationalisation.

You could be right, but a Queensland Rugby League journalist, Chris Garry said that all the other reports were wrong and he was only signed for the 100-110k originally reported and he is almost always right.

DeeJ

Bench
It almost certainly looks like Benji will play in the centers next year. Hopefully he isn't going ahead of Opacic.

Nightward

Juniors
Given he didn't go so well in the English league that's probably his best-case scenario for 2017. Might need some time in the QLD Cup to get some confidence and prove his worth too.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
I heard Benji has been getting into a lot of plum puddings lately in an effort to bulkup (ballooning up). Apparently Bennett wants to play him as a ball playing backrower. :p

Maroon4life

Juniors
I heard Benji has been getting into a lot of plum puddings lately in an effort to bulkup (ballooning up). Apparently Bennett wants to play him as a ball playing backrower. :p
giphy.gif