What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Dallas Graham & Tyler Cassell released while the TIgers sign Cronulla lower grader Ashleigh Nisbett, Cassell played for the Bravehearts in the recently completed Four Nations & Graham has moved to NZ.

Shredder

Juniors
Yeah - I think next off season is going to be the big one - I just cant see how we can keep ALL of our big money players at this club barring paycuts. And we all know thats not going to happen.

Teddy and Woods should be guaranteed.
Is Lawrence off as well?

I think coming into 2018 we will be without either Brooks or Moses - just my view.

Shredder

Juniors
I just cant see this rabble managing to sign woods, Teddy, Brooks and Moses in the same year. Its beyond them. My call is we lose at least one.

Clifferd

Coach
I could deal with losing Brooks. Had years to shine and we're still talking about all the "potential" . I think littlejohn is the more complete half tbh

Woods would be pretty bad but replaceable. Weve done ok without him in the team

Teddy and Moses to me should be the main focus. They are irreplaceable

Shredder

Juniors
I tend to agree that Brooks is the most replaceable - so with this joint, I would expect him to be the first one to conform a new contract.....

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yeah - I think next off season is going to be the big one - I just cant see how we can keep ALL of our big money players at this club barring paycuts. And we all know thats not going to happen.

Teddy and Woods should be guaranteed.
Is Lawrence off as well?

I think coming into 2018 we will be without either Brooks or Moses - just my view.

You would think it's going to be tough yet the panthers have recently resigned moylan, mansour, peachey, waqa, Cartwright, Cleary, latu, yeo etc and added tamou whilst losing no one.

You would think their stars would be more in demand then ours.

Shredder

Juniors
I guess the difference is that the Panthers are a young team on the rise and we might be.

I am going to be sweating all year on announcements. We should be talking to these guys now. Especially Teddy and Woods who have both said publicly they dont want to play anywhere else.

Clifferd

Coach
I guess the difference is that the Panthers are a young team on the rise and we might be.

I am going to be sweating all year on announcements. We should be talking to these guys now. Especially Teddy and Woods who have both said publicly they dont want to play anywhere else.

Fully agree. I reckon we're gonna have to rely on a bit of loyalty from these boys because let's face it our salary cap isn't managed the best

BrotherJim05

Bench
Our ability to re-sign these players will largely depend on whether the NRL will register any Third Party deal by Harry T.
My understanding is that Harry wants to provide these to a number of our current players but the NRL realised that Tigers isn't spelled the same as Roosters or Broncos so decided to block this for bullshit reasons.

However, much of the bullshit reasons revolved around the fact that Harry was our sponsor for so long and only recently removed himself from the club. As it has now been a year, I don't see any reason why he can't arrange TPAs. The club has no involvement in these arrangements, if Harry wants Tedesco to be the face of Meriton apartments in the Balmain and South-Western Sydney area, well that has nothing to do with the club.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lock up Woods and Tedesco first and foremost.

Tell Brooks and Moses that they need to earn the respect that Woods and Tedesco managed through consistently brilliant efforts every week. Both have played State and Test footy.

Until Brooks and Moses can do the same, they should be told quite clearly that they cannot go and demand the same sort of money.

Everyone is disposable and replaceable and they need to be told as much. They're on elite player money while provided regular player performances (at best).

They can test the market. They'll have buckley's chance of finding another Sydney club willing to match the salary they get now, let alone an increase on it.

BrotherJim05

Bench
They can test the market. They'll have buckley's chance of finding another Sydney club willing to match the salary they get now, let alone an increase on it.

Agree with everything you said apart from this point. Halves are able to command ridiculous money these days and given the way Roosters, Bulldogs, Parramatta etc are able to rort the salary cap I don't think Moses will have trouble getting huge coin.

Clifferd

Coach
Agree with everything you said apart from this point. Halves are able to command ridiculous money these days and given the way Roosters, Bulldogs, Parramatta etc are able to rort the salary cap I don't think Moses will have trouble getting huge coin.

Exactly. Newcastle signed an untested U20s fullback for 600k a year ffs. If he can get that than surely Moses could get much more provided he kills it this year

That's why it must be important to get the contracts negotiated asap

macnaz

Staff member
Fully agree. I reckon we're gonna have to rely on a bit of loyalty from these boys because let's face it our salary cap isn't managed the best
Maybe its the opposite in the fact we actually manage a cap where as a certain few clubs always seem to be devoid of any cap to manage , and consistently seem to be able to buy a premiership side every year :(

macnaz

Staff member
What shits me is WT's have been overpaying them Brooks/Moses to hang around , almost like a front ended contract . Now they are improving shit clubs like soleless/capless Sydney f**king Rorters will come along and capture the end product which we have been heavily investing in . I really hope they will show some loyalty when money gets thrown at them. I think personally we may only get one of them.

macnaz

Staff member
Funny how the rorters lost so many players and so un Roostered like didnt replace them in 2016 ... me thinks they had a tap on the shoulder about Parra and had a clean year just incase the net went out wider.

Tiger Ted

Bench
What shits me is WT's have been overpaying them Brooks/Moses to hang around , almost like a front ended contract . Now they are improving shit clubs like soleless/capless Sydney f**king Rorters will come along and capture the end product which we have been heavily investing in . I really hope they will show some loyalty when money gets thrown at them. I think personally we may only get one of them.
The one we must retain is Moses.This kid is a complete footballer & a future captain of the club.Brooks on the other hand has been stagnant over the last 3 yrs re his development.He is way out of his depth in the NRL & I expect WT to acknowledge this by offering him nothing more than the ordinary money he is worth in contrast to the Monopoly money both he & moses were prematurely gifted in the last contract.

Latest posts