What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

The Great Dane

First Grade
Maybe by naming the channel Fox League they've left it open to be used as a Rugby League channel instead of just an NRL channel.

Maybe they're hoping that they can pick up some other international competitions TV rights on the cheap and that they'll get pretty good ratings for them by using the new channel as a basis for them.
Maybe They'll attempt to get the Australian broadcasting rights to any internationals from around the world that are televised, maybe they'll try to get the rights to the Toronto Wolfpacks' games, Championship (if it's televised), the French Competition (if it's televised), etc.
Maybe they're looking into having an NRL 360 style show for the game outside of the NRLs' borders. Maybe they're looking into expanding their coverage of the Qcup and NSWcup to televise more of those competitions matches.

I know I wouldn't watch mostly repeats in between the rounds of the NRL, which seems to be Fox Footys' modus operandi, but I'd watch as much of that as possible.

Diesel

Coach
i would prefer Fox Footy

just have Fox Footy AFL and Fox Footy League like 9 do with their two different Footy Shows

it's not like fumbleball is the only sport called footy
I agree but for some reason every merkin likes to bend over and take it up the tail pipe just to appease the AFL

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Ffs it's rugby league, can any media organization use the proper name instead of letting union ride off into the sunset with the name rugby?

If they the powers that be don't want rugby league to be called by its real name anymore,put up a decent suggestion as league is stupid. What the hell is league anyway?

A league of what?

We can't use rugby as for the last 27 years now that has referred to union and Union only it seems.

Here's an idea, how about this for a cool name for the new channel

How about Fox Rugby League?

Kinda rolls off the tongue eh?

Mong

Post Whore
Oh dear parraeels..Still crying about rugby being rugby and league being league I see.

Many, many Lolz..

Mong

Post Whore
I want a 24 hour league channel waa waa waa

I don't like what it's called waa waa waa

Rugby is called rugby waa waa waa

f**king sook, who cares what it's called, enjoy the channel and stop being a soft cock whinging little bitch.

fourplay

Juniors
Don't blame Fox. It's the NRL's responsibility to create and choose their branding. Not hard for them to make a phone call to Fox and insist on what the name for the channel carrying their sport is called or have included it in the negotiations when the concept of the 24/7 RL channel came up..

Latest posts