What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight76

Juniors
The Kalyn Ponga situation is starting to turn a bit ugly now with his father coming out to ask that he be released and if they don't do so, they are neglecting him. He also stated he has been neglected at the club, promises made have not been honoured, and that if they make him stay there for next year, as he has signed with the Knights they fear his off field development will be placed on hold due to no support from the cows.

If the Cows insist on him being there next year, it could be a miserable year for Kalyn with all this BS happening in the background.

I know contracts are contracts, but most clubs when a player wants to leave, let them these days as who wants a player at their club who doesn't want to be there? Kalyn is going to make minimal impact at the cows next year unless they hit injuries.

Are the cows insisting he stay when he clearly does not want to be there out of spite, or standing on the "A contract is sacred" style soap box. Have the cows benefited from a club releasing a player early for them previously? Or released a player early in the past themselves?

Anyway, once here, his father could be a bit of a thorn in our side, he appears to blast openly in the media if he perceives things are not going well for his boy.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
We took a similar stance with Tapine last year

In the end sanity prevailed and we released him. I'm confident thenough same will happen here. The cows are just posturing to try and get the most out of whatever player swap deal occurs.

Knight76

Juniors
I would say at this point there is no need to swap a player at all. The Cows are going to look fairly poor forcing Kalyn to stay there for the year. I'm surprised at this point if the RLPA does not get involved (if not already) given the now public accusation from his dad.

If that happens all it does is erode further the Cows negotiating power for a player swap.

PhilGould

Bench
Matt Gidley in The Herald said there's been no approach from the Cowboys about the Saifiti's, and said the Knights wouldn't even consider it anyway.

knightsarmy

Juniors
I think its not so bad if we have to wait a year for Kalyn Ponga , he gets better we have enough depth anyway i reckon

Knight76

Juniors
Not at fullback we don't. In fact we don't even have a proper fullback at all. We have wingers and centres we shove there.

Joel-22

Juniors
Anyone else see Carneys fight last night? He had red and blue trunks on with a 'K' up the side.. It's a sign! Haha :cool:
I'd happily have him on a 2-3 year deal.

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Ken Sio
3.Dane Gagai
4.Nathan Ross
5.Pete Mata'utia
6.Todd Carney
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Jarrod Mullen
10.James Graham (imagine)
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Mitchell Barnett
13.Jamie Buhrer

14.Danny Levi
15.Pauli Pauli
16.Jacob Saifiti
17.Sam Mataora

That side can definitely score points

Knight76

Juniors
Anthony Tupou has been released from his contract with Super League club Wakefield Trinity by mutual consent.

Linked to the Knights.

Latest posts