What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would ya change your name to Eastern Sydney please?

Because my cousin goes for Easts, and when ppl ask him who he supports he says Sydney, well there are at least 2 teams in Sydney. Where does Sydney really start and finish? Is St George in Sydney? Cronulla? Parramatta?

RoosTah

Juniors
Because my cousin goes for Easts, and when ppl ask him who he supports he says Sydney, well there are at least 2 teams in Sydney. Where does Sydney really start and finish? Is St George in Sydney? Cronulla? Parramatta?
Most easts fans wish we could be East Sydney, but the club won't budge on that it seems.

TheFrog

Coach
The City of Sydney is bounded by Circular Quay, Glebe, Newtown, Paddington and Rosebery. The Roosters Leagues club is outside this area.

Metropolitan Sydney is bounded by Penrith, Richmond, Campbelltown and Helensburgh.

Greater Sydney also includes the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, and Wollongong (depends who you ask).

Take your pick.

The City of Sydney is bounded by Circular Quay, Glebe, Newtown, Paddington and Rosebery. The Roosters Leagues club is outside this area.

Metropolitan Sydney is bounded by Penrith, Richmond, Campbelltown and Helensburgh.

Greater Sydney also includes the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, and Wollongong (depends who you ask).

Take your pick.

Leagues club not in the City? Lol.

TheFrog

Coach
Leagues club not in the City? Lol.
The Eastern Suburbs Leagues Club is in Bondi Junction, which is within the Municipality of Waverley. As I said before, the City of Sydney (ie the local council area) ends at Paddington.

The Roosters club is in Sydney in the same way the Penrith club is in Sydney, no more and no less.

rooster25

Juniors
Don't blame us fans, we would love nothing more than going back to Eastern Suburbs. We would even go for Eastern Sydney or Sydney East so we can officially be called Easts(fans still do) again

We agree we don't represent the whole of Sydney, we represent the Eastern subs of Sydney which the club tells us again and again on FB,Instagram,emails etc however won't change the name or emblem because a certain club figure( might be Greek) of the club has a tattoo of the the Sydney Roosters current emblem after winning the 2002 Comp.

On topic.

Not much of a fan of uou guy' club tbh, but I would much prefer the sound of Eastern Sydney.

Could reestablish the Easts moniker and reestablishes an easily definable geographical area to be the clubs focus.

I know the demographic in the East doesn't exactly lend itself to a league fan base but f**k, you have to havr some semblance of a home or key community.

On topic.

Not much of a fan of uou guy' club tbh, but I would much prefer the sound of Eastern Sydney.

Could reestablish the Easts moniker and reestablishes an easily definable geographical area to be the clubs focus.

I know the demographic in the East doesn't exactly lend itself to a league fan base but f**k, you have to havr some semblance of a home or key community.

What is the demographic of Eastern Sydney? thought it was full of accountants, lawyers, bankers and teachers. Why shouldn't they watch more RL than fumbleball?

What is the demographic of Eastern Sydney? thought it was full of accountants, lawyers, bankers and teachers. Why shouldn't they watch more RL than fumbleball?

They should watch more RL but don't. You would have to ask them. I'll wager a few guesses.

- Rugby league has marketed poorly to this demographic who view it more as a "rough and tumble", working class, westie sport.
- Easts having given up on their representation of the area in a naming sense.
- High prevalence of private schooling in which yawnion is the dominant sport.

Latest posts