What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBlack

Juniors
With all due respect to the guy, and without knowing exactly the reason. I really hope it is not a case of "Homesickness".

I guess we will know in time.

soc123_au

Staff member
Maternity leave. Bryce got him pregnant.

Seriously though, hopefully it is nothing he can't get sorted. Going by the little info out there it has nothing to do with footy.

Blues Riff

Bench
Good luck to Grevs. I was happy when he came and would've been happy to keep him.
It doesn't hurt the team too much though, two top 25 spots up for grabs.
Keep 'em all hungry Hook.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah all the best Grevy. I definitely would have had him on the bench in a very strong side, but we fortunately have plenty of quality waiting for their chance.

We would have been in such a tizzy about losing a guy of this caliber a few years ago..

Kilkenny

Coach
According to the Mole Steve Georgallis who was unwanted by Anthony Griffin is headed to the Bulldogs as there NSW Cup coach. Hopefully true would be good to see him pick up a job.

Kilkenny

Coach
Gus on twitter a week or so ago was asked whether there will be any further recruitment for our top squad and he said not. He's said that before and we have brought additional players in, Mitch Rein for one. You never say never but I think we are set for 2017 with what we have. We look strong and have adequate cover in all areas. NSW Cup looks good also with plenty of depth there even if predominately made up of players from our NYC sides in last two seasons.

mxlegend99

Referee
Gus on twitter a week or so ago was asked whether there will be any further recruitment for our top squad and he said not. He's said that before and we have brought additional players in, Mitch Rein for one. You never say never but I think we are set for 2017 with what we have. We look strong and have adequate cover in all areas. NSW Cup looks good also with plenty of depth there even if predominately made up of players from our NYC sides in last two seasons.
Wouldnt make much sense to sign anyone that we could actually afford. What we have could do the same job as anyone we could sign.

I'm not a fan of Rein. But he is easily better than the other backup options we have to Peter Wallace. Losing Segeyaro really f**ked us. We let go of Korisau a year early with view that Segeyaro was our longterm hooker and the only experienced one we needed.

Its still the only position we dont have a standout for longterm. Wallace and Rein should get us through 2017. But if there's any position we need to look to strengthen its 9. But its hard to know who would be an improvement on what we had. We dont want to do what Bulldogs did and let go of a solid 9 to sign a bloke who never lives up to his hype like Lichaa.

franklin2323

Immortal
Wouldnt make much sense to sign anyone that we could actually afford. What we have could do the same job as anyone we could sign.

I'm not a fan of Rein. But he is easily better than the other backup options we have to Peter Wallace. Losing Segeyaro really f**ked us. We let go of Korisau a year early with view that Segeyaro was our longterm hooker and the only experienced one we needed.

Its still the only position we dont have a standout for longterm. Wallace and Rein should get us through 2017. But if there's any position we need to look to strengthen its 9. But its hard to know who would be an improvement on what we had. We dont want to do what Bulldogs did and let go of a solid 9 to sign a bloke who never lives up to his hype like Lichaa.

Sonny Luke seems a great player, May could up at hooker too. So we have some options long term. I don't see Rein being more then a fill in for us

Kilkenny

Coach
The consensus seems to be no one rates Mitch Rein to highly?

He always seemed to have blinders when he played against us for the Dragons.

I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes our first choice hooker at some stage during 2017. Whether it comes about as a result of injury to Wallace or just on form time will tell, but I just think he is a quality player who will benefit enormously from a change of club.

Kilkenny

Coach
If you go on the Dragons forum on LU they absolutely give it to Mitch Rein.

I know you can read into stats what you want to believe but Rein is quality whether based on stats or just on watching him. I've always rated Mitch Rein. Long before we signed him, whether against us or other opposition, I watched him and I thought this guy is a quality player.

I truly believe he is going to be not dissimilar to Trent Merrin. Someone who really needed a change or club, change or environment and we are gonna see the best of what he has to offer.

I am not saying he deserves a walk up start to being our number 9. Not at all. I just think he is going to be a great back and put enormous pressure on our incumbent Peter Wallace.

Kilkenny

Coach
Rein is genuinely awful. He can't pass the football

You've been following the Dragons forum!!!!!!

You shouldn't believe what those twits have said!!!!

Mitch Rein can pick the footy up and pass it just as well as any other dummy half!!!!!

It's not that hard, an easy skill and be assured he will put pressure on our incumbent.

Other than the fact he is the incumbent, Peter Wallace has one big advantage in that he possesses a far superior kicking game. That is the one advantage that I see him starting for us in Round 1 in 2017. The good thing is, if his form dips or god forbid he suffers another serious injury we can be comforted by the fact Mitch Rien will be a very handy replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.