What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone in the know:Carney

I dont think anybody is happy about it. its a shyte situation. Im sure his family & friends have a different opinion to Shark supporters. i.e.. He should not have been sacked. & I agree with that statement.

I do remember some Carney brilliance .
It was a game against the Rabbits at Homebush on a Monday night .
He and GI were going tit for tat in breaking the game.
Souths won but it was a wonderful game to watch .

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I dont think anybody is happy about it. its a shyte situation. Im sure his family & friends have a different opinion to Shark supporters. i.e.. He should not have been sacked. & I agree with that statement.
So disregarding that we obviously didn't follow the correct process with the sacking....you're fine with Todd's wayward (to say the least) behaviours Reef?

Whether it was good management or good luck, yes it was the right call flicking him, in regards to winning the GF.
Was it the correct decision managment wise? not on your life & it will cost us heaps.
There will be a an 11th hour meeting on the steps of the court when the Sharks forward their final offer. It will be accepted. How they hide the amount from the football club members, is anybodies guess.

Eion

First Grade
I would imagine that a payout would largely be covered by insurance in any event.

But the douche still shouldn't get a cent.

shaggs

Coach
Carney tried to look all loose and relaxed. He just looked like he didn't know how to hold his hands up. Every time sandow came forward he turned his head and closed his eyes. He looked f**king terrible.
He is lucky that sandow had no idea how to throw a straight punch.

shaggs

Coach
Cheers mate, a gal update would be good too if you're watching!
Gal wins in 3. Unanimous 30-27 points decision.
He boxed well and scored the points needed.
Paulo looked pretty good. Paulo was lucky they weren't 3minite rounds.

Gal looked very comfortable and much improved since last fight.

NrlVader

Juniors
You guys going to fight on the 23rd at Shark Park?Got an invite for ringside seats but too close to Christmas.

Stake Removed

First Grade
From AAP

Todd Carney is willing to accept any conditions in order to have one last crack in the NRL.

Carney, who fights another former NRL star Chris Sandow in a charity boxing match at Sydney’s Hordern Pavilion on Friday, is in dispute with Cronulla,

He sued the Sharks for wrongful dismissal after he was sacked in 2014 for postng a lewd photograph on social media.

Carney went on to play in France but hankers for a return to the NRL.

Sandow’s league career is also in limbo after he recently walked out on English club Warrington for family reasons.

Carney was hopeful of an imminent resolution to his dispute with the Sharks and said he would decide over Christmas if he would continue playing rugby league.

“If the NRL turns around and says I have to do ‘X,Y, Z, I’m happy to accept whatever they want me to do to pull on another NRL jumper and give it that one last crack,” Carney said on Thursday.

If Carney wants back in NRL, resolution with us best way of doing it, we will offer him a figure he will take it, if he goes to court, all details come out, plenty of media coverage Carney wont look good, and NRL will stand firm.

Mediation will benefit Carney and will save us $$$ in at least lawyers to start

Chimp

Bench
I seem to remember at the time that we pretty much followed the NRLs lead on Carney when the bubbler incident happened - they were piling the pressure on us to bin him off, unfortunately we didn't have a Lyall in charge at the time who would have held the NRL at arms length whilst we followed due process and got to the same result. Instead we crumbled under the pressure and hastily sacked him, which likely will cost us.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I still say he has a case, and hope he wins.

f**k the "wont someone think of children" types.

Sure a dickhead thing to do, yet fergo plays for Australia.

The very definition of unfair.

carcharias

Immortal
He might have a case for being sacked incorrectly but he still deserved to be sacked.
The untold amount of bad press that was heaped on the club from that pic meant the club had one option.

Latest posts