What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo

BCH

Juniors
Looks great IMO. Quite like the footballs in Roosters, match the ball nicely that the chooks perched on.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
where is East Stowin? never heard of it..

is it near Bondi?

strong_latte

Juniors
Having had a bit of a play around with a few ideas on incorporating the Roosters type into the shield, I feel the least obtrusive way is putting it straight into the white of the shield and slightly reducing the size of the Rooster so it's adequately visible.

Let me know what you think:

58c96fb.png

Definitely works a lot better than the ribbon mate. I reckon that for its use on the jersey you'd definitely cut that out, but probably handing for other branding purposes, and if it has to be in the shield there's probably not too many other ways you can do it without having it take over.

RoosTah

Juniors
Definitely works a lot better than the ribbon mate. I reckon that for its use on the jersey you'd definitely cut that out, but probably handing for other branding purposes, and if it has to be in the shield there's probably not too many other ways you can do it without having it take over.

Yeah, that didn't really sit well with me either really... I just couldn't work out a way to integrate it with the style I had. It didn't really occur to me today to just take the italics off and see how it looked in the shield.

The bloke at Easts isn't a fan of 3D extrudes on the shield, so I've removed them for one version, but personally I prefer them for any larger versions of the logo.

RoosTah

Juniors
Had more feedback - basically asked from a variety of people to try incorporate ESDRLFC, add more texture to the chook, and get rid of the footies in the text.

ESDRLFC is hard to put in, so I've put it on the footy and got rid of Easts to win - I've put both up for comparison.

Have a look and let me know what you think:
1222afd.png

looks better in svg format, but the site won't let me post it in the thread: http://imgh.us/concept.svg

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
Parra fan.

I think they're very good. On track. Weird how you've not gone back to the future when , dogs, Souths, and parra have

Pommy

Coach
Had more feedback - basically asked from a variety of people to try incorporate ESDRLFC, add more texture to the chook, and get rid of the footies in the text.

ESDRLFC is hard to put in, so I've put it on the footy and got rid of Easts to win - I've put both up for comparison.

1222afd.png

looks better in svg format, but the site won't let me post it in the thread: http://imgh.us/concept.svg

Would be great to see that on the shirts next weekend. What do roosters fans prefer the EDRLFC or easts to win?

rooster25

Juniors
Love it! I prefer Easts to Win however as long as our history is there somewhere I don't mind. People need to understand that the Roosters trade name is Sydney Roosters yet the offical club name is stil Eastern Suburbs Rugby League Football Club.

Let's make this modern back to the future emblem happen! Let us fans know what we can do to help

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Good changers...

The footballs in "Roosters" makes it a bit hard to see at first glance (it might just be me, but i really prefer the easy to distinguish designs) and the ESDRLFC is the better option.

RoosTah

Juniors
Would be great to see that on the shirts next weekend. What do roosters fans prefer the EDRLFC or easts to win?

Yeah, I'd love to put them on T-Shirts too - but am a little concerned about the copyright implications haha.

Maybe if I just give them away it'll be ok. Now I just need the cash to fund a few hundred lol

Pommy

Coach
Yeah, I'd love to put them on T-Shirts too - but am a little concerned about the copyright implications haha.

Maybe if I just give them away it'll be ok. Now I just need the cash to fund a few hundred lol

I mean the players shirts. Although I'm actually aware it would be next season at the earliest. It's such a big improvement.

H.H

Juniors
Prefer Easts to win, but splitting hairs.

Both look great. We simply can't continue with the tacky logo we currently use.

RoosTah

Juniors
I think now that I've gotten used to the change having ESDRLFC on the footy makes more sense as it puts the entire club's identity on the logo that way both with text and the image.

I'm thinking it may be time to put this into a petition now. What are the thoughts of people here?

RoosTah

Juniors
Hey guys - bumping this because with the holidays coming up I'm going to have a few more cracks at this.

Just for fun though, I've done a mock-up combination of the 80s logo with the original 60s chook - check it out and let me know what you think:

I couldn't get much traction with the club last early in the year with the above design, so I'm gonna try put together a few different ones - including one that will be a different chook altogether

Lambretta

First Grade

1222afd.png

I love these concepts and would far prefer this to be our badge

ESDRLFC is my preference for the ball

Rooster8

Juniors

1222afd.png

Have you emailed / shown the Sydney Roosters this? I deffiantly think if they saw these they would heavily consider a logo change since most historical clubs in the NRL have retro logos that are still modern (Souths/Parra/Canterberry).

And since they've started placing the retro rooster on all off field gear, I'm sure they are heading in a new logo change very soon.

I think, if not done already, email or show in perosn the logo as I really think they are great logos and would be a great refurbishment for the club and the community.

Latest posts