What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nico Rosburg quits f1

DiegoNT

First Grade
Who replaces him?
Do they go with a young driver like wehrlein?
Do they try get Massa or Button in short notice?
Do they get one of the best drivers out there, kimi, vettel, Verstappen, ricciardo, alonso, Perez? What kind of chain reaction will that set off.
This will be huge

Storm13

Juniors
Massive respect to him for putting his family first.

Jenson Buttin could be a nice for a one year stop gap for Mercedes. But he still officialy has a contract to Honda I beleive?

Pommy

Coach
I hope Button gets a shot at it, always been a fan of his and much prefer him to Lewis.

Lewis did make me laugh though. "This is the first time in 18 years he has won so I'm not surprised he's quit" they properly hate each other.

DiegoNT

First Grade
The supposed hot tip is Bottas. Mercedes is engine supplier for Williams so getting a release isn't that hard. In exchange for cheaper engines and pascal wehrlein mercedes get Bottas who would bea great fit for them.

Parra

Referee
Bottas can officially become the new Felipe Massa.

Kudos for Rosberg for having such a clear goal and plan. Still seems weird to me.

Nice dig from Hamilton who said something like it's the first time he has won something in 18 years of trying, so it makes sense to go out on top.

Parra

Referee
Well it has been everyone's first reaction. Except Hamilton I suppose.

DiegoNT

First Grade

Just to put Hamilton's comments in context.
I think what Hamilton was trying to say was that Nico's big goal was to prove to himself and everyone he had what it takes to be a champion. He has lived in his dad shadow for so long it must of been a huge weight that he finally proved himself. Reading Damon Hill's book recently he went through something similar. Of course hamilton had a small dig at him, but it was in relation to a question about their long rivalry (that for many years was friendly), if you read that quote in isolation you would say it's a dick quote by lewis.

I wonder if they will rebuild their friendship now that they are no longer on track rivals, similar to how prost and senna had begun to smooth things over after Prost's retirement

Parra

Referee
I'd only read a brief article. As usual - if something is taken out of context it can be misconstrued.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
I remember that Alan Jones quit only a season or 2 after winning the Title as he was tired of the whole circus but regretted his decision a couple of years later only to make an ill fated comeback.

some11

Referee
Pulling a George Costanza and going out on a high note is fine with me, plus with the regs changes Merc might not have the strongest car for a successful title defence.