What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA and Canada to host RLWC2025

PaulyTom

Juniors
The question is are purpose built soccer stadiums long enough to fit our rugby league field dimensions?

VictoryFC

Bench
The new Orlando f.c stadium looks fantastic. 25k, perfect size , great weather year round. Ideal tourist destination with Disney World and the many other theme parks.

http://orlando-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/News/Stad2.jpg

It's officially finished as of this week!

C1hX97XWIAEP80V.jpg

I don't think dimensions would be a problem. MLS stadiums have hosted union games before, and gridiron.

adamkungl

Immortal
Probably similar issues to England with short ingoals but it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things (unless you're one of the journos that likes to dump on RL for minor small minded things constantly...)

PaulyTom

Juniors
I love the stadiums below 30k. Similar to Melbourne's rectangular stadium size would be ideal. I've never really had a bad seat down in Melbourne.

Sjrugby

Juniors
My picks so far would be , avaya stadium in San Jose, StubHub of course because we all know NY and LA will have games, I am gonna go with Rio tinto stadium in salt lake city, I think that would be a surprise showing market for games. Aside from those three west cost I would go with Orland MLS , red bull arena for sure and then BMO field in Toronto and ether BC place or the new stadium in Ottawa.

That's so far, obviously we will see what comes with the next round of expansion for MLS, maybe Tampa bay or Detroit, st. Louis

VictoryFC

Bench
My picks so far would be , avaya stadium in San Jose, StubHub of course because we all know NY and LA will have games, I am gonna go with Rio tinto stadium in salt lake city, I think that would be a surprise showing market for games. Aside from those three west cost I would go with Orland MLS , red bull arena for sure and then BMO field in Toronto and ether BC place or the new stadium in Ottawa.

That's so far, obviously we will see what comes with the next round of expansion for MLS, maybe Tampa bay or Detroit, st. Louis

If you go with LA, the new stadium closer to downtown would be the better option than StubHub.

Sjrugby

Juniors
That is true I forgot about LA FC stadium going up. That would be a better option then StubHub.

PaulyTom

Juniors
If it was 12 cities they choose here is my choices-

West coast-
Vancouver - Unsure
San Fran/San Jose - Avaya stadium 18k
Los Angeles - Stubhub Arena 27k

East Coast-
New York - Red bull arena 25k
Philadelphia - Taken Energy Field 19k
Boston - Stadium under negotiation
Washington - under contruction 18k

South-
Orlando - Orlando city stadium 25k
Jacksonville (decent presence already) not sure the stadium fits the bill.

Central/Midwest / Ontario
Toronto - BMO field 30k
Chicago - Toyota field 20k
Denver- Dick Sporting Stadium 20k

Others to consider if you drop Jacksonville-
Atlanta
Quebec
Miami
San Diego
Las Vegas
Columbus

Latest posts