What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashton

Juniors
Drive his price up and let other clubs pay more.... If tmm doesnt work moylan moves.
Disagree Jerome Luai will come into the side in the halves.........the kid will be a star in the NRL very soon.
I also think we have a very good young hooker coming through in the lower grades.

betcats

Referee
Someone should ask Gus10gould on Twitter whether the rumour is true.

All depends on who kicks on and who doesn't. If TMM does kick on you would think that 6 jersey is his which makes the 1 jersey Moylans. But if he doesn't work out then we have Moylan and Luai who could go there and lets not forget Dylan Edwards who has been training the house down apparently and even DWZ. If a halves spot opens up I think one of Dallin or Dylan are easily talented enough to move Moylan which leaves Jerome playing cup/elsewhere. Like I said it depends who kicks on and who in good form when or if a spot in the halves does open. Its a great situation to have because none of these young talents can relax or take it easy at all, they all have to keep pushing. We have created that same situation with our forward pack and outside backs as well, we probably have internationals looking over their shoulder worrying about their spot and with Wallace, Rein, Katoa and Luke we have it at hooker as well. Big things will happen here soon with a bit of luck.

Last edited:

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Media: Penrith looking to sign Hunt, more likely than Dragons.

Panthers: We're not interested in him lads.

Media: Well, you were!Matter of fact, he rejected you!Our super cereal sources have confirmed this to us!

Panthers: How do we go from being more likely than Dragons to being rejected strangely right after we denied chasing him?

Media: LOOK AT THURSTON SMILING.ISN'T HE JUST THE BEST.

betcats

Referee
When he heard the statement from the club last week my father said "Its probably just Gus driving up his price for Brisbane" which wouldn't surprise me if that turned out to be true. I know that sort of thing is common in the nba and Gus seems like the crafty sort of character to try that on...

franklin2323

Immortal
So says the media... but cleary at #7 and Gus bagging out Hunts value both say we were never actually competing to sign him. As does our press release.

spot on. I don't know if there's a half we would go for YET anyway. Many many options should we need it

franklin2323

Immortal
When he heard the statement from the club last week my father said "Its probably just Gus driving up his price for Brisbane" which wouldn't surprise me if that turned out to be true. I know that sort of thing is common in the nba and Gus seems like the crafty sort of character to try that on...

or manager talk too. It's why I don't listen to such rumours

Kilkenny

Coach
Not the right thread I know but just noticed Keiran Moss is now playing for Hull KR in the second tier of ESL.

Didn't realise he didn't see out last season with the Eels and was released mid season to join Bradford. Apparently went real well scoring a try a game for half a season or so with them. Hopefully kicks on with Hull KR. Quite a few ex-panthers with them this season Mitch Clark, Keiran Moss, Jake Butler Fleming, Maurice Blair & Andrew Heffernan. Hope they all go well. I think Bob Blair was there player of the season last year.

Doomednow

Bench
Damn Moss got punted? Do Eels even know what they are doing? Surely if you're in their position you cut your expensive players and put some faith in cheap but promising youth players.

It was in his best interests to move to the ESL and he did so mid last year and signed for the Bulls. He scored quite a few tries from them and was goig really well but unfortunately the Bulls recently went into liquidation earlier this year.
So Hull KR picked him up.
Best of luck to him.

Kilkenny

Coach
It was in his best interests to move to the ESL and he did so mid last year and signed for the Bulls. He scored quite a few tries from them and was goig really well but unfortunately the Bulls recently went into liquidation earlier this year.
So Hull KR picked him up.
Best of luck to him.

Agreed. His story is like so many talented kids from the junior ranks. You have to be something really special, or have huge amounts of good fortune to go your way to make the step up from 20's to the NRL.

He will go well in the UK. While Hull KR are only in the second tier if he has injury free run I am sure he will attract attention of clubs in the ESL. While the NRL is no longer a realistic option for him I hope he gets to enjoy a successful career in the UK.

mxlegend99

Referee
Matt Moylan could have been another story like Moss. He was supposedly on the outer before a bit of luck for him gave him a shot and he took that chance with both hands.

Things could have been very different for both Moylan and our roster had it not been for injury forcing him into the team. He was behind Dean Whare and Wes Naiqama for a shot at fullback.

Matt Moylan could have been another story like Moss. He was supposedly on the outer before a bit of luck for him gave him a shot and he took that chance with both hands.

Things could have been very different for both Moylan and our roster had it not been for injury forcing him into the team. He was behind Dean Whare and Wes Naiqama for a shot at fullback.
Gus and Ivan told him to look elsewhere......our most talented player since Freddy. Unbelievable really. Gus has done so many things right but imagine if we lost Matty

Status
Not open for further replies.