What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New League Live Game on the way!!!!

Walt Flanigan

Referee
If you can't run into the goalposts or cop a sledge from Fatty Vautin then it's not a real Rugby League game.

I remember that none of the Super League players had their real names either. Nicholls was the Brett Mullins equivalent and he was unstoppable.

Haffa

ARL96 was the best. Spent many hours on that and ET's as a kid.

Special mention to this one. I played it more than any other RL game in the late 90's. Think I picked it up for $10 from Harvey Norman.

thorson1987

Coach
ARL96 was the best. Spent many hours on that and ET's as a kid.

Special mention to this one. I played it more than any other RL game in the late 90's. Think I picked it up for $10 from Harvey Norman.

Yes I remember this one. Could never remember the name though. Was pretty fun.

thorson1987

Coach
I never played the last one after hearing not so great things about it on this forum. I was going to wait until it lowered in price but I've never seen it under $68, which is nuts seeing as it's been out for quite a while.
Still, hope for the best with this new one.

Had a look today. $68 preowned at EB Games.

They can get f**ked.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Price match. I always tell EB I've seen it cheaper at Big W or Target. Even if I haven't.

That but the pre-owned market is massive and more important to them...I got $14 trade in for a game when they were reselling the same game for $49.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I've never had much of an issue with graphics and how the players look......hopefully they just nail the gameplay.

Don't hold your breath. I was begging for them to nail only this part well before RLL3 was a thing. I didn't even care if the game looked like dogshit. I just wanted it to actually play like the sport that it's supposed to emulate.

So much for that.

AJB1102

First Grade
Don't hold your breath. I was begging for them to nail only this part well before RLL3 was a thing. I didn't even care if the game looked like dogshit. I just wanted it to actually play like the sport that it's supposed to emulate.

So much for that.

Look, I've never heard of you, you f**ker, but I agree completely. :p

I don't wan't it to look like dogshit, but player likeness isn't a massive thing for me. I enjoy DB Cricket (the first one) and really the player likeness isn't that great. But it is a good representation of cricket into a game.

The RL games can look as lifelike as to the point I dunno if its a game or the real thing but when Benji Marshall stops Matt Scott in his tracks, Paul Gallen gallops 90m after palming off 5 defenders, a double knock-on results in the team who knocked-on first getting the scrum feed and all those other little shitty things that just aren't footy are present it is going to be a fail from me.

Paullyboy

Coach
Ah a new rugby league live games. I cannot wait to sit back and watch the ridiculous over-reactions from everyone as this thread develops.

RLL3 wasn't a brilliant game, but the whinging on here is completely out of proportion. It's a game where you can have plenty of fun if you don't take it too seriously. I have played Madden for over a decade now and that game is genuinely going backwards. It's still fun, but it's not the masterpiece everyone seems to think it is. Same with RLL3, it's got flaws, but you can still enjoy it.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
After the last installment, I won't be getting excited for it.
I'll probably still buy it near release, because the price never drops so no point waiting for to happen.

I still think the best thing about the last one was the inclusion of the 9s

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Ah a new rugby league live games. I cannot wait to sit back and watch the ridiculous over-reactions from everyone as this thread develops.

Also looking forward to Ross labelling every bad review as fake news and banning anyone who dares to say something negative.

Latest posts