What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hall of Fame 2017

Valheru

Coach
According to PWI Insider DDP is a lock for this year's class. Given WWE are releasing a DVD in his honour in March that looks likely.

If so well deserved.

I haven't heard any other names brought up yet. I originally thought Goldberg was a lock but it would be a first to have someone inducted on the night they compete so I am unsure about that now. It looks like Undertaker won't be this year either.

There are a heap of other possibilities with the Rock's name the glaring omission at this point.

Iafeta

Referee
A couple of recommendations from me. Vader, ultimate big man. Not a great WWF career but a sensation in WCW and Japan. Apparently he's not well unfortunately (I heard also Harley Race is basically in care now).

Bam Bam Bigelow. Headlines a Wrestlemania. Excellent ECW career. Another hard bumping big guy, sadly gone too early.

One of the best ever, amazing in the ring, he could draw a good match out of anyone, incredibly charismatic & his promos were amazing, face or heel. Came in to the WWE with little experience in work wrestling, yet was world champion within a year.

His promo where he demands the fans stop chanting you suck and keeps leaving and coming back until they stop is one of the greatest heel promos ever, has the fans in the palm of his hand.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
If Vader doesn't get in this year, it would be extremely disappointing.
He is deserving, and should get inducted while he is still around

Malenko is a fair shout

Celebrity wing (never a fan of these), possibly Pamela Anderson for RR95?

For the womens wing, the one that stands out for me is Chyna. Intercontinental champ, first woman in Rumble..many achievements.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Angle is my second favourite wrestler of all-time.

As far as his combination of in ring ability, promos and charisma are concerned I'd put him right at the very top alongside the likes of the great Macho Man Randy Savage and Ric Flair.

Meth

Staff member
Can't see Luger getting in.

DDP. Angle. Vader. That's a good start.

Iafeta

Referee
Luger won't get in A because of how he left the WWF B because of what happened to Miss Elizabeth.

___

Juniors
Vader has been given only 2 years left to live due to a chronic heart condition he has been diagnosed with. It would be absolutely ludicrous if WWE don't induct him this year.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I'd rather a small class this year to make it feel 'special' rather than just adding anyone who seems to be willing to make a few appearance dates.

Angle is a fantastic start and a true headliner of a class. I'd warrant a mention for William Regal given he seems to be semi-retired and has definitely earned the distinction.

I'd go out on a leap and say perhaps Tommy Dreamer for his ECW legacy. Maybe even the Dudleys as a tag team?

As for the women, I really can't think of any who deserve it, although with that trash Sunny being in, it's anyone's guess.