What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jayden Brailey outlook

Stake Removed

First Grade
Was looking at NYC, and Brailey was named NYC player of the year 2016, here is a list of the past NYC players of the year, and in most situations have worked out not bad.

2008 - Ben Hunt - FG debut 2009, played 2 games, has now played 166 games, 3 games for Australia
2009 - Beau Henry - FG debut 2011, only played 14 FG games, probably worst of these
2010 - Tariq Sims - FG debut 2011, has now played 106 FG games
2011 - Jack De Belin - FG debut 2011, has now played 104 FG Games
2012 - David Klemmer - FG debut 2013, has now played 70 FG games, 8 Australia, and 6 SOO
2013 - Bryce Cartwright - FG debut 2014, has now played 54 FG games
2014 - Kane Elgey - FG debut 2015, 16 FG games, injured all of 2016
2015 - Ashley Taylor FG debut 2015, 23 FG games

So looking at above taking out Henry all of the players are regular FG players some went further on.

Interesting to see in that all made debut in NYC year or following bar Henry, so i would expect Brailey to play FG at some time in 2017, if he is going to be a key player for us going forward

Special K

Coach
Flanno has gone on record saying that when Ennis retired out of the blue our plans went out the window. He is at least a year off being ready and even then it would be extremely difficult to be a full time 9 at that age.

Seggy for 2 years is good coverage.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Flanno has gone on record saying that when Ennis retired out of the blue our plans went out the window. He is at least a year off being ready and even then it would be extremely difficult to be a full time 9 at that age.

Seggy for 2 years is good coverage.

I would have Brailey play NSW Cup to start that way playing adults, and if by mid season is looking goods bring him then off bench.

If we can get half a season out of him this year from bench, will put him in great position for 2018

If Seggs holds his form for 12 months they will extend for a further 2. Theres 4. If he holds his form 21/2 they will extend for a further 2. theres 6.
Brailey is now well down the rung, & rightfully so. Seg is the best 3 hookers in the game.
Braileys(both) only hope isinjury or back up.

carcharias

Immortal
Brailey will surpass seggy within 3 years.
The dude is a gun.
Absolute pro from what I've been reliably informed by one of his rep coaches.
Huge huge prospect .

Seggy is bloody good but smells like trouble.

carcharias

Immortal
When you say "pro", do you mean off the field?
Yep
From what I was told he ( and his brother) are not only great players but are genuine nice hard working kids.
My source is high up in the school rugby league system.
He couldn't rave about him enough.

Card Shark

Immortal
Well that's half the battle.

If he is super talented & dedicated, he will make it.

I reckon he plays NSW cup this year & next year, plays first grade regularly off the bench.

I'm sure Flanno has his development plan sorted.

Any of you reckon he will play more than one game this year? I dont expect him to take the field unless injured.
Seggs 80 minutes
Cherrington split
Morts split
Brailey split

kal83

Juniors
Any of you reckon he will play more than one game this year? I dont expect him to take the field unless injured.
Seggs 80 minutes
Cherrington split
Morts split
Brailey split

If we sign seggs i dont think he plays 80 minutes - i reckon brailey might get 15-20 mins a game a some stage through the year. He is listed at 87kg so not like he is too small.

Bloke who told me is OS with the oz schoolboys soccer team right now.
He takes his sport very seriously
He compared Brailey to Cameron smith
I know exactly who you are talking about there Carch as my daughter is the keeper for the oz girls soccer team on the same UK tour. The dude knows his stuff.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I spoke to Flano about him. He won't figure much this year but will likely get a taste as they try and get his body ready for the rigours of first grade.

He and Cheri have been sharing the hooking duties at training but we always knew Seggy was coming. Brails will feature heavily in trials and 9s etc.

Flanno could have Brailey come off bench against teams like Knights/Drags, nice easy matches so gets idea of fg

Latest posts