What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'd be fine with Grevsmuhl if it is on a 1 year deal on minimum coin with the option of an extra year or two in the club's favour. Not much risk involved in trying him out like that. Not sure what "personal issues" means in this context, I know he was released from Penrith quite suddenly and there didn't seem to be much public word about it so not sure what it's about. Either way if the club does it's due diligence and decides that he's worth the risk then I don't have a problem.

Fensom is an interesting one, he'd walk into our best 17 imo but I would be reluctant to pay him the money that he's rumoured to be on, wasn't it $500k or something? I think he's more like a $300k forward at this stage especially given he's not currently first choice at raiders. Maybe we can get them to pay a bit of his contract and we can get him for a discount. We could slot him straight in at #13 and that would really shore up our defence around the middle.

Yeah get grevsmuhl and fensom on the cheap and put them both on 1 yr contracts.everybody on notice this year and we need some fowards quick smart.the teams attitude and fitness will be a hell of alot better this year.those two guys when they get there head straight are actually real good quality players!not a bad playing roster really if we bag those two.

GetUpstandup2k

Juniors
Read Barry Toohey's article today that we are In talks of signing a prop from the ESL for this year but negotiations have been stonewalled by his club

Johns Magic

Referee
Joe Greenwood is a rumour, but he's a backrower not a prop, and not an English rep(though articles I've found talk about him possibly being a future international). But he doesn't sound particularly "prominent".

Anyone with ESL knowledge care to give some insight?

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_24758-nrl-clubs-after-greenwood.html

Mentions two other clubs after him including the Titans. Toohey mentioned two other clubs in the race. Also mentions his existing contract is a key stumbling block running until the end of 2017.

St Helens player previously coached by Brown.

PhilGould

Bench
Toohey tweeted a week ago that Greenwood had signed with the Titans. Don't think thats who this is about.

Burwood

Bench
Did Toohey specify he was an English international? He could be a Scottish international like Wardle?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Provided he's kept himself fit I would count Toupou as one of our top 17, most likely on the bench. It's really good to get another experienced head in the team especially as it's being reported that he's not costing us much. Will be good for the young guys in the team if nothing else.

betcats

Referee
Good signing. You guys are under the cap massively this year according to brown. I wouldn't be surprised if you make another short term signing like this, you could certainly use some extra experience in your squad for a year.

Latest posts